Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just turned in CPAT. Already had BI completed
    and home visit. Trying to get my covid test and medical done and make the next class

Comment

• Originally posted by CFD2015 View Post
      Just turned in CPAT. Already had BI completed
      and home visit. Trying to get my covid test and medical done and make the next class
      When did you process? Still havent been contacted by BI. Processed March 25th and turned in CPAT about a month ago now

Comment

• Does anyone know if parking is free at Presidential Towers for Medical?

Comment

• Originally posted by tommy1089 View Post

When did you process? Still havent been contacted by BI. Processed March 25th and turned in CPAT about a month ago now
          I processed March 9th.

Comment

I processed March 9th.
            They contacted me last week and said they were gonna start home visits again last week but canceled them due to protests and are tentatively starting again this Saturday. But I was told I’d be contacted again sometime this week to schedule mine

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickjk91 View Post
              They contacted me last week and said they were gonna start home visits again last week but canceled them due to protests and are tentatively starting again this Saturday. But I was told I’d be contacted again sometime this week to schedule mine
              Don’t worry too much I think we are going to make this next class seeing as though many didn’t have CPAT the multiple days of processing. CFD sent out an email on May 1st saying they secured multiple dates from MABAS in May and June specifically for their applicants to take the CPAT on a 1st come 1st serve basis. I think that basically tells us they need more people with CPAT done and that gives us an estimated class time.

Comment

Don’t worry too much I think we are going to make this next class seeing as though many didn’t have CPAT the multiple days of processing. CFD sent out an email on May 1st saying they secured multiple dates from MABAS in May and June specifically for their applicants to take the CPAT on a 1st come 1st serve basis. I think that basically tells us they need more people with CPAT done and that gives us an estimated class time.
                Maybe but like I said before I know for a fact that ppl have scheduled medicals and don’t have cpats. Even though hr said they would not do that

Comment

• I think the earliest potential start date is July 6 depending on how fast we all act when they need something for instance if something comes up on your medical and you need to be cleared by your personal doctor make sure you make an appointment for the earliest time. Once they have roughly 100 done with medical the class can start so act fast with everything

Comment

• I don’t think July 6 due to payroll schedule but anything can happen.

Also that is kinda bogus cause they was very adamant about not moving forward unless u have CPAT. And if they did everyone is not going to pass CPAT. Not being negative just being realistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firerock42 View Post
                      I think the earliest potential start date is July 6 depending on how fast we all act when they need something for instance if something comes up on your medical and you need to be cleared by your personal doctor make sure you make an appointment for the earliest time. Once they have roughly 100 done with medical the class can start so act fast with everything
                      It has nothing to do on how fast you move. If you don’t have what you need or what they want when they want it, you will simply be skipped over. It’s one man for himself at this point in the process. They aren’t going to wait for people when they have 750 people waiting next in line at this point. August 1st is the rumor set date per CFD Academy instructors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reulerules5 View Post

It has nothing to do on how fast you move. If you don’t have what you need or what they want when they want it, you will simply be skipped over. It’s one man for himself at this point in the process. They aren’t going to wait for people when they have 750 people waiting next in line at this point. August 1st is the rumor set date per CFD Academy instructors.
                        I’m speaking overall the faster they have candidates the faster this class will start. Do you think they will have 100 candidates fully cleared just sitting around for a month? I highly doubt that, plus wouldn’t every single person in this process want to get their stuff together ASAP anyway? If not then clearly that person should be skipped over. I also don’t think the class will start July 6th I’m saying the will be the very earliest chance we have also keep in mind there are people that have had a complete profile including medical since February we just don’t know how many.

Comment

• Has anyone else that processed 3/6 or earlier with CPAT turned in not been contacted by BI?

Comment

• Originally posted by Firerock42 View Post

I’m speaking overall the faster they have candidates the faster this class will start. Do you think they will have 100 candidates fully cleared just sitting around for a month? I highly doubt that, plus wouldn’t every single person in this process want to get their stuff together ASAP anyway? If not then clearly that person should be skipped over. I also don’t think the class will start July 6th I’m saying the will be the very earliest chance we have also keep in mind there are people that have had a complete profile including medical since February we just don’t know how many.
                            Quit speaking on guesses and just ask questions. If you don’t know for certain this is not the forum to throw out a 2 cents. And FYI there are 57 candidates cleared with medical. So that leaves about 35-40 spots open if those that are cleared take this class there are also crossovers that will just report to the Quinn.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reulerules5 View Post

Quit speaking on guesses and just ask questions. If you don’t know for certain this is not the forum to throw out a 2 cents. And FYI there are 57 candidates cleared with medical. So that leaves about 35-40 spots open if those that are cleared take this class there are also crossovers that will just report to the Quinn.
                              I wonder if they will have a smaller class due to Covid.

Comment

• I just received an email to send in my car registration, I don't have a car in my name. Could this mean I could get my bg check soon? I was in the March 15th group.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X