No announcement yet.

Chicago Illinois 2014 Firefighter/Emt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have they stopped sending emails/letters for the 7th referral?
    I’m right at the end @ #3600s non preference, just want to make sure I didn’t miss anything. I know with all that’s going on, i figured they probably stopped sending emails till further notice.

Comment

• I received an email from HR May 1st saying MABAS24 is open and running the CPAT. I also received a call from my BI today notifying me that he was starting.

Comment

• Originally posted by KWILL15 View Post
        I received an email from HR May 1st saying MABAS24 is open and running the CPAT. I also received a call from my BI today notifying me that he was starting.
        What day did you initially process?

Comment

• March 6th.

Comment

• Did anyone who processed March 5 get a call from their BI? I processed March 5 with CPAT, just haven’t heard from a BI yet. My neighbor processed March 4 he had a home visit. Was just curious how many people got called who were on the 5th
            Last edited by Reulerules5; 05-05-2020, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dsjr1215 View Post
              Have they stopped sending emails/letters for the 7th referral?
              I’m right at the end @ #3600s non preference, just want to make sure I didn’t miss anything. I know with all that’s going on, i figured they probably stopped sending emails till further notice.
              I am in the same boat. Waiting on an email, very low #3700s. Hoping I didn't miss anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by mc11 View Post

I am in the same boat. Waiting on an email, very low #3700s. Hoping I didn't miss anything.
                I am around 3400 non pref, I haven't got anything. Can we all agree to come back here and post if we do receive an email?

Comment

• Originally posted by jws323323 View Post

I am around 3400 non pref, I haven't got anything. Can we all agree to come back here and post if we do receive an email?

I am definitely doing that. I am checking here every single day for any updates

Comment

• I’m curious about the future guys. Maybe Engine could give his opinion, But I’m very curious to see what’s going to happen with the next fire classes. I think covid 19 ruined everything. I know this is Chicago and anything could happen but I have a hard time believing that the city will have money for fire classes due to the Covid 19 unless Lightfoot raises taxes. I’m curious how short staff is CFD and will there be layoffs? I’m remaining positive but always prepared for the worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob1738 View Post
                      I’m curious about the future guys. Maybe Engine could give his opinion, But I’m very curious to see what’s going to happen with the next fire classes. I think covid 19 ruined everything. I know this is Chicago and anything could happen but I have a hard time believing that the city will have money for fire classes due to the Covid 19 unless Lightfoot raises taxes. I’m curious how short staff is CFD and will there be layoffs? I’m remaining positive but always prepared for the worse.
                      Pretty sure all this stuff was in the budget for the year already. Water department is hiring 20 laborers with a 92k salary cap after 2 years starting at like $25/hr with a raise every 6 months

Comment

• Originally posted by Rickjk91 View Post

Pretty sure all this stuff was in the budget for the year already. Water department is hiring 20 laborers with a 92k salary cap after 2 years starting at like $25/hr with a raise every 6 months
                        They were expecting four fire classes for 2020, but if the revenue isn’t matching their expectations then It will affect hiring. That’s always the Issue any given year, but with everything impacted by covid-19 who knows what will happen.

It’s a great sign if BI’s are contacting people and other city departments are hiring. However, everyone should go about this believing a hiring freeze could happen at anytime. Get your CPAT asap, go to Indiana or Wisconsin if you have to. Make sure you’re early for everything, especially Medical signups. And for the love of God, DO NOT defer unless you absolutely have to. Don’t be the guy who deferred to finish a semester of college and waited two years through a hiring freeze

Comment

• Originally posted by CFD98765 View Post

They were expecting four fire classes for 2020, but if the revenue isn’t matching their expectations then It will affect hiring. That’s always the Issue any given year, but with everything impacted by covid-19 who knows what will happen.

It’s a great sign if BI’s are contacting people and other city departments are hiring. However, everyone should go about this believing a hiring freeze could happen at anytime. Get your CPAT asap, go to Indiana or Wisconsin if you have to. Make sure you’re early for everything, especially Medical signups. And for the love of God, DO NOT defer unless you absolutely have to. Don’t be the guy who deferred to finish a semester of college and waited two years through a hiring freeze
                          Unfortunately I had to defer, I have CPAT and all documents available but could not fly in because I am over seas in a Quarantined country at the time (3/25). Now I am a little worried I won’t get called.. I don’t mind waiting long, but want a fair chance of screening.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDShamrock10 View Post

Unfortunately I had to defer, I have CPAT and all documents available but could not fly in because I am over seas in a Quarantined country at the time (3/25). Now I am a little worried I won’t get called.. I don’t mind waiting long, but want a fair chance of screening.
                            That’s an example of a good reason to defer. There are several I heard that were a joke. All I’m suggesting to others is don’t just assume the next class is guaranteed. Act with urgency and try to finish every step in the process asap

Comment

• Shamrock, you should send a letter to dhr and cfd dhr and request that you are put back in this referral. It was only because of the covid that you couldn’t process. The whole country is making exceptions for covid, including taxes. Give it a try.

Comment

• I got my cpat the other day but the location I went to said they don’t give out physical cards. I did get an email confirming I passed. Is that all I need to forward to Human Resources?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X