Sffd 2019 hirring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sffd 2019 hirring

anyone on the SFFD h2 hiring list , looks like the department is looking to have a class this fall!

scored at #5

Comment

Group 6 but getting picked off the list to be hired is like playing lotto

Comment

Yea I wonder if they?re only going by the test score ?

Comment

Originally posted by tonymsvt View Post
          Yea I wonder if they?re only going by the test score ?
          I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but I'll try to answer. You get a "rank #" assigned based on your behavioral video score on the NTN FireTeam test. If I remember correctly you need to be rank 8 or better (1 being the best) under the current process. You have to "pass" the other three sections but your scores do not affect your ranking.

Prior to interviews for each class the department sends out an email invitation to fill out a survey (the survey already went out in March for the expected Oct 2019 class). From those surveyed, certain applicants are picked for the Chief's interview. Who gets picked is up to the Chief. There are a number of things candidates do to try and increase their odds, but results of who gets picked seem to run the full gamut from "did all the extra credit items", to "live far away and just applied", which is reflected by the 'lotto' comment above.

They do have recruiting sessions which lay out this information, they currently get organized/advertised via eventbrite.

After this next class SFFD will be operating under their new Chief, so the process may change.

The word from recruiting is that there may also be an H3 (EMT/Medic) hiring class in 2019, so fill out an interest card for that as well so you don't miss it. https://sf-fire.org/h-3-level-i-emer...cal-technician

Good luck!
          Last edited by fvedmo; 04-09-2019, 05:09 PM.

Comment

I have a question...should I apply for SFFD H-2 if I am Oregon EMT? It says that H-3 is for people who are EMT's but the H-2 application states that I have to have my California EMT license by time of appointment.

Can they fault me for applying to the entry level when I am an EMT? Is it better to apply for H-3?

Thank you,

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by fvedmo View Post

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but I'll try to answer. You get a "rank #" assigned based on your behavioral video score on the NTN FireTeam test. If I remember correctly you need to be rank 8 or better (1 being the best) under the current process. You have to "pass" the other three sections but your scores do not affect your ranking.

Prior to interviews for each class the department sends out an email invitation to fill out a survey (the survey already went out in March for the expected Oct 2019 class). From those surveyed, certain applicants are picked for the Chief's interview. Who gets picked is up to the Chief. There are a number of things candidates do to try and increase their odds, but results of who gets picked seem to run the full gamut from "did all the extra credit items", to "live far away and just applied", which is reflected by the 'lotto' comment above.

They do have recruiting sessions which lay out this information, they currently get organized/advertised via eventbrite.

After this next class SFFD will be operating under their new Chief, so the process may change.

The word from recruiting is that there may also be an H3 (EMT/Medic) hiring class in 2019, so fill out an interest card for that as well so you don't miss it. https://sf-fire.org/h-3-level-i-emer...cal-technician

Good luck!
              Do you know if they use a scoring system to rank you from the meet and greet/ interview?

Comment

Good luck to everyone in the process! I have sat on the oral board and have seen the common pitfalls that close the door for the aspiring candidate. Feel free to message me if you would like help in the process. The resume needs to be clear, concise, tell a story and list achievements along with responsibilities. The panel has anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes to figure out if they want to work with you for the next 20 or 30 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Simplejack1997 View Post
                  I have a question...should I apply for SFFD H-2 if I am Oregon EMT? It says that H-3 is for people who are EMT's but the H-2 application states that I have to have my California EMT license by time of appointment.

Can they fault me for applying to the entry level when I am an EMT? Is it better to apply for H-3?

Thank you,

Jack
                  H-2 is a Firefighter position.
                  H-3 is an EMT/Paramedic position.

I'm not up to date on reciprocity or the process for getting your CA EMT if you are already an EMT in OR.

Originally posted by Chuck1709
                  Do you know if they use a scoring system to rank you from the meet and greet/ interview?
                  They did move to an oral board style panel from what I've heard. I don't know any details about rankings from there.
                  Last edited by fvedmo; 08-12-2019, 08:24 AM. Reason: quote format

Comment

So we need ca emt at time of appointment or application?

Comment

Just got an email for a preliminary interview. Do any of you have experience with that? Just wondering what it entails.

Comment

Same I got the Invitation to Preliminary Interview!

Comment

Me too!!!!!

Comment

Are you guys gonna do stations visits?

Comment

Originally posted by truckman81 View Post
                              Are you guys gonna do stations visits?
                              I have in the past but wouldn't mind doing more.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X