Denver 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KP85 View Post

There are a lot of study materials that can help you with the reading, math and mechanical portions of the test. The HR is hard to study for, I just try to imagine each scenario in a perfect world.
    Yea the HR is where I blew it.

Comment

Anyone moving on? What does your email say?

Comment

Anyone hear anything in regards to their Bsckground questionnaire?

Comment

Anybody else get written suitability emails? To be completed by tomorrow.

Comment

Nothing for me yet.

Comment

Anyone take their Polygraph yet?

Comment

Deleted post
                Last edited by swflff; 08-31-2019, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Deleted post

Comment

Originally posted by swflff View Post
                    Polygraphs are not accepted by the scientific community and not allowed in the court of law. What qualifies the polygrapher to judge what distorted breathing is. Is she medically trained to determine what every single persons breathing is supposed to look like. I feel like I'm being discriminated against because I don't breathe like every other person. I didn't fail because I lied. I failed because I breathe differently than others? Or maybe when put in a stressful situation people breathe differently.
                    Are you allowed to petition for a retake? Some places let you petition, pay a fee, and do a retake.

Comment

Deleted post

Comment

No. I am not allowed to reapply for 2 years or contest the decision. I have an extensive history as a firefighter/paramedic and LT at a fairly large department. I know it's hard to get a job in the bigger cities like Denver but this is ludicrous. There finding reasons to disqualify people who don't match their interests. I blame the City Council and not the fire department. The members of Denver FD are great and the hiring process is out of their control. Read the Denver 2018 blog. I agree with these guys. Something needs to be done. I will be pursuing options
                        That?s absolutely the issue. If you don?t fit their desires, they will find a way to wash you. I know a handful of people that made it all the way through their process, passing every step, and were told that they ?were certified but not hire-able?. What does that even mean? It?s the most discriminatory hiring process out there.

Comment

I am sorry to hear that. Good luck next time around

Comment

No. I am not allowed to reapply for 2 years or contest the decision. I have an extensive history as a firefighter/paramedic and LT at a fairly large department. I know it's hard to get a job in the bigger cities like Denver but this is ludicrous. There finding reasons to disqualify people who don't match their interests. I blame the City Council and not the fire department. The members of Denver FD are great and the hiring process is out of their control. Read the Denver 2018 blog. I agree with these guys. Something needs to be done. I will be pursuing options
                            I'd go for South Metro Fire-Rescue and never look back at Denver.

Comment

Deleted post
                              Last edited by swflff; 08-31-2019, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Is this forum dead? Where is everyone at in the process. I Just passed the CPAT.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X