Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Hamilton County (Indy) Hiring Process 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jkhoosier
    replied
    My sponsor said the home visit would be after perf. Maybe they are waiting for everyone to get finished with perf to do them together?

I had to redo my chest x ray and bloodwork yesterday. So I'm a little behind you. After this would be home visit and chiefs interview. That's my understanding.

Leave a comment:

• SquadDawg14
    replied
    Curious if anyone has heard anything regarding a home visit?

Leave a comment:

• Jkhoosier
    replied
    $25K in free training, that is pretty sweet. Sounds like you got a lot of training ahead. Good luck to you man. Everything will work out for those who put the work into it.

Leave a comment:

• apojacks
    replied
    Originally posted by Jkhoosier View Post

apojacks that's exactly what I thought of the poly. Sorry to hear about your CPAT. That's some unlucky sequence of events. Get healthy and knock that CPAT out.

New to the forums here. Got a conditional offer from CFD. I got an e mail about the medical/psych eval a couple days after completing the poly. Sounds like they are getting us through pretty quickly.
    Yeah, it sucks. But there's always a silver lining to everything. Two days after my offer got rescinded I received a phone call from WorkOne, apparently one of my former employers broke a ton of laws when it comes to outsourcing jobs, and they secretly settled with the Department of Labor, I qualify for $25K in free training, they asked me what I want to do and I told them I want my fire and paramedic certifications, so I'll have those in about 18 months and that'll be an extremely marketable thing to have for departments.

Leave a comment:

• Jkhoosier
    replied
    Originally posted by xMuDdBoUnDx View Post

Jkhoosier Welcome and Congrats on your conditional offer and making it to perf!
    xMuDdBoUnDx thanks man. I saw in an earlier post you got a conditional offer from one of the departments, so congrats to you.

Leave a comment:

• xMuDdBoUnDx
    replied
    Originally posted by Jkhoosier View Post

apojacks that's exactly what I thought of the poly. Sorry to hear about your CPAT. That's some unlucky sequence of events. Get healthy and knock that CPAT out.

New to the forums here. Got a conditional offer from CFD. I got an e mail about the medical/psych eval a couple days after completing the poly. Sounds like they are getting us through pretty quickly.
    Jkhoosier Welcome and Congrats on your conditional offer and making it to perf!

Leave a comment:

• Jkhoosier
    replied
    Originally posted by apojacks View Post

The polygraph was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I was there for almost 2 and a half hours because my paper work got lost, but I got the chance to chat with the polygraph dude for a bit. The main thing I took away from it all was; "If you've left anything out on this packet, tell me now and it's all good...if not...you're done,"

Leave a comment:

• apojacks
    replied
    Originally posted by C2019 View Post
    You have to do a prepoly exam which is a bunch of questions on paper. If you pass that then you go onto the polygraph. Pass that then you go onto perf
    The polygraph was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I was there for almost 2 and a half hours because my paper work got lost, but I got the chance to chat with the polygraph dude for a bit. The main thing I took away from it all was; "If you've left anything out on this packet, tell me now and it's all good...if not...you're done,"

Leave a comment:

• apojacks
    replied
    Originally posted by xMuDdBoUnDx View Post

apojacks sorry to here the news . . Hopefully one of the others will pick you up soon! Did you not have a current cpat card when they made the conditional offer or did they send you to cpat reguardless?
    xMuDdBoUnDx I didn't have a current card when they made the offer. I did better than I thought I was going to do on it though. I got hurt pretty badly out at the Wayne Township training tower in October and sprained my left knee and had to drop out of Fire School because of it. I just got cleared to work out the week after Thanksgiving. It was just crappy timing, if I hadn't gotten the injury, I probably would have done OK on the CPAT, but I lost a month and a half of strength training because of it. It sucks, if I don't get picked up by Noblesville (I don't think Westfield is hiring anyone and I think Fishers just had a couple of guys start in December) by my 36th birthday, I'm going to look at jobs out of state.

Leave a comment:

• xMuDdBoUnDx
    replied
    Originally posted by apojacks View Post

CFD just rescinded my offer in regards to the CPAT. My foot hit the wooden block on the step mill on Saturday, automatic DQ. Bummer for sure. They said my name goes back to where it was on the list though, so it's POSSIBLE that I could get picked up by Noblesville or Fishers if they do a recruit class before April 16th, otherwise I age out on PERF.
    apojacks sorry to here the news . . Hopefully one of the others will pick you up soon! Did you not have a current cpat card when they made the conditional offer or did they send you to cpat reguardless?
    Last edited by xMuDdBoUnDx; 01-06-2020, 01:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• apojacks
    replied
    Originally posted by SquadDawg14 View Post
    Anyone heard anything since the psych and medical eval?
    CFD just rescinded my offer in regards to the CPAT. My foot hit the wooden block on the step mill on Saturday, automatic DQ. Bummer for sure. They said my name goes back to where it was on the list though, so it's POSSIBLE that I could get picked up by Noblesville or Fishers if they do a recruit class before April 16th, otherwise I age out on PERF.

Leave a comment:

• SquadDawg14
    replied
    Anyone heard anything since the psych and medical eval?

Leave a comment:

• SquadDawg14
    replied
    I went to PSM yesterday and there was a bunch of guys all there for Carmel. They said it wouldnt be til after first of year til results were given to the FD

Leave a comment:

• apojacks
    replied
    Originally posted by truckietyler View Post
    Has anyone been to PSM yet for this next hiring class? If so, have you heard anything?
    I just got my pre-polygraph interview email today. My understanding is that they want to get all of this wrapped up before the end of January for a class to start some time in February.

Leave a comment:

• truckietyler
    replied
    Has anyone been to PSM yet for this next hiring class? If so, have you heard anything?

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X