Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Hamilton County (Indy) Hiring Process 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urb23, How did the polygraph go? Did they give any indication on next steps in the process or timeline of when they would like to get a class started?

Comment

Rescinded the offer! What a bummer it was and is. Great learning experience however. I understand half fail this pre polygraph interview and polygraph test phase. My advice...don?t over think it. Just go in and be honest and don?t overshare. Just answer the questions only!

Did receive conditional offer from Carmel this morning which also has a polygraph test.

it has been confirmed Noblesville recruit is to begin August 12th. Not sure if all departments are shooting for that time frame but it seems each department is under a time crunch now.

Comment

Anyone gotten anything in their email or government jobs profile? I feel like we're getting into crunch time here and people should be starting to hear stuff soon hopefully.

Comment

Hello all,

I just found this forum recently. I was reading through the replies and was also wondering if anybody has any updates.

From my end I have heard through the grapevine that there is a recruit class getting ready to start and another one is set for November or December for Carmel. I have also heard that there is possibly a third class going to be in the first half of 2020.

I have not heard anything official through email since the scores were posted. I scored 78.6, so I have no clue where that would put me on the list. I was hoping for the mid-to-upper 80s, but fell short.

If anyone else here has more information or hears any updates on what score's people are getting offers on it would be awesome to hear. Meanwhile I'm sitting back praying and hoping for a job offer.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Fdmonk View Post
            Hello all,

I just found this forum recently. I was reading through the replies and was also wondering if anybody has any updates.

From my end I have heard through the grapevine that there is a recruit class getting ready to start and another one is set for November or December for Carmel. I have also heard that there is possibly a third class going to be in the first half of 2020.

I have not heard anything official through email since the scores were posted. I scored 78.6, so I have no clue where that would put me on the list. I was hoping for the mid-to-upper 80s, but fell short.

If anyone else here has more information or hears any updates on what score's people are getting offers on it would be awesome to hear. Meanwhile I'm sitting back praying and hoping for a job offer.

Thanks
            We're all pretty much in the dark on this. Did you get a CPAT email? I got one, I scored in the mid-80s when all was said in done. I'm actually taking Firefighter 1 and 2 right now at Wayne Township. It'd be nice to know where we stand. I have heard some similar rumors that Carmel was doing a big hiring process push, but at this point who knows? I withdrew from the Lawrence process to focus on the Firefighter 1 and 2 class and to work on some other fire department opportunities in the Pacific Northwest. It'd be nice to not have to move out of Indiana, my wife and I have no official ties to the state, but we've made a lot of friends in the last few years and we've upset a ton of people since I let the cat out of the bag that I've got a process starting out in Washington State.

Comment

Originally posted by apojacks View Post

We're all pretty much in the dark on this. Did you get a CPAT email? I got one, I scored in the mid-80s when all was said in done. I'm actually taking Firefighter 1 and 2 right now at Wayne Township. It'd be nice to know where we stand. I have heard some similar rumors that Carmel was doing a big hiring process push, but at this point who knows? I withdrew from the Lawrence process to focus on the Firefighter 1 and 2 class and to work on some other fire department opportunities in the Pacific Northwest. It'd be nice to not have to move out of Indiana, my wife and I have no official ties to the state, but we've made a lot of friends in the last few years and we've upset a ton of people since I let the cat out of the bag that I've got a process starting out in Washington State.
              I did not get the CPAT email, but I turned in a CPAT that I did just before the applications closed, so its good through December. That might be the reason I didn't get that one, but who knows.

Now that I know about the forum I'll post anything else I hear.

Comment

Noblesville looking to start recruits in August. May push to September. Two people including myself had offers but they rescinded each offer after further review. Must admit that it?s tough to get hired even if you have higher scores.

Carmel just informed me that they will hire 8 and start by September. Second recruit class of 15 to start beginning of 2020. They just had a ladder approved.

Comment

Originally posted by Urb23 View Post
                  Noblesville looking to start recruits in August. May push to September. Two people including myself had offers but they rescinded each offer after further review. Must admit that it?s tough to get hired even if you have higher scores.

Carmel just informed me that they will hire 8 and start by September. Second recruit class of 15 to start beginning of 2020. They just had a ladder approved.
                  I had heard something similar on Monday night at the Firefighter 1 and 2 class at Wayne Township. We were wondering if the people who had gotten the CPAT email were people that they were going to make offers to since everyone in the class who took the Hamilton County test got the CPAT email.

Comment

What I?ve heard is directly from a representative/Firefighter of the corresponding department.

Unsure of the CPAT thing. Too speculative for me to have an opinion.

Comment

What I?ve heard is directly from a representative/Firefighter of the corresponding department.

Unsure of the CPAT thing. Too speculative for me to have an opinion.
                      All I know is that in my class there were several of us who are in the process. Half of us got the email saying to get your CPAT, the other half didn't. Out of everyone who got that email I am the only one who didn't have an active CPAT at the time, the others all did. So while it would be EXTREMELY speculative of me to assume that we are going to get offers...logic would dictate that the ones who have gotten the email are going to be given offers. Now out of that group who did get the CPAT email, only one of us isn't an EMT, but he did pretty well on the written and oral.

Comment

To add to ur ?list,? I did not have an EMT cert but I did have active CPAT and received that CPAT email. Also, I did very well on written and oral.

However, as logical as it may be and potentially true for the initial selections, at this point it doesn?t matter, They are filtering out candidates. Many are receiving conditional offers and many will have that offer rescinded. Approximately 50% chance of making recruit class after receiving offer, according to one of the departments. Just moving down the list at this point.

Stay on top of your emails

Comment

To add to ur ?list,? I did not have an EMT cert but I did have active CPAT and received that CPAT email. Also, I did very well on written and oral.

However, as logical as it may be and potentially true for the initial selections, at this point it doesn?t matter, They are filtering out candidates. Many are receiving conditional offers and many will have that offer rescinded. Approximately 50% chance of making recruit class after receiving offer, according to one of the departments. Just moving down the list at this point.

Stay on top of your emails
                          I'm still racking my brain to think of what in the world would be reason for them to rescind an offer. I mean if you hid a felony or something like that, sure, but if you keep your nose clean and haven't broken any laws, I don't see any reason why they would rescind that offer unless the PERF board was up in the air on something.

Comment

Medical and PERF evaluations obviously can turn nasty . Unlikely but a possibility.

Misdemeanors and felonies are an obvious alarm. Better believe with expunged records that they can still find out that u have an expunged record. Be ready to release information too. It is a question that you will be asked and required to answer or ?they will terminate your application.?

Then lying of your history or drug use. Not advisable to lie before a poly ... should go without saying.

Comment

all this, then add in politics. Almost always a factor with varying degrees

Comment

Anyone in this group still in IFD process from 2018? First class was huge with about 70 taken I believe. Second class from the list to start in January and was going to be 40 but they are saying 60 now. 130 ppl hired from one cycle is kinda crazy, esp compared to Hamilton county taking 3 here, 5 there, etc. Fingers crossed I?ll be hearing something soon. Just wondering if anyone else was in both processes.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X