Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Hamilton County (Indy) Hiring Process 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Urb23 View Post
    Lowest score I?ve seen is 78, highest being 93
    My score was 68 so my odds of getting picked up by anyone are probably slim.

Comment

Originally posted by apojacks View Post

Do you have a current CPAT card? I'm wondering two things here.... 1) was this email sent out to anyone who didn't have a CPAT card? (I don't have mine yet, figured it was a waste of $150 if I wasn't moving on) 2) if you did apply with a CPAT card was issued before or after June 1st of 2018? The email said it has to be issued after June 1st of 2018. This process is playing out a lot different than any other job I've ever applied for.
      I got the second email and have a current cpat card. In the email it states ?If you should already possess this certification, it must have been issued after the date of June 1, 2018?. I believe they only sent the second email to those that scored within a certain percentage.

Comment

Originally posted by SquadDawg14 View Post
        The email says that if you have a current card, it has to have been issued after June 2018. Not expired.

also, they really didn't give us a date to have a current one by either. Do you guys read it as they're saying get one now? Because the first email said you will have time. I find it kind of confusing between the two. Especially if everyone got the 2nd email.
        I read it as a informational email to those that scored within a certain percentage. What I got out of it was don?t wait to start the cpat process as your score was in the top percent.

Comment

What was everyone's scores? Mine was an 87. something, Have the NREMT and FF1/2 and current CPAT with various other certs, hoping someone picks me up.
          Last edited by C2019; 04-19-2019, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by apojacks View Post

Do you have a current CPAT card? I'm wondering two things here.... 1) was this email sent out to anyone who didn't have a CPAT card? (I don't have mine yet, figured it was a waste of $150 if I wasn't moving on) 2) if you did apply with a CPAT card was issued before or after June 1st of 2018? The email said it has to be issued after June 1st of 2018. This process is playing out a lot different than any other job I've ever applied for.
            No, I don?t have a CPAT card. I did pass CPAT for IFD in November, not sure if that counts toward anything besides their process or not. I?m thinking I probably scored too low to receive the second email.

Comment

Originally posted by xh00sierx View Post

No, I don?t have a CPAT card. I did pass CPAT for IFD in November, not sure if that counts toward anything besides their process or not. I?m thinking I probably scored too low to receive the second email.

What about certifications like EMT-B, EMT-P, or FF 1/2? I have my NREMT and my state EMT-B and I got both emails today.

Comment

[QUOTE=xh00sierx;n2103215]

The IFD cpat was specifically for their process. You would have to pay $150 to take the cpat at Wayne and you will receive a card after completion. It?s $75 to recert every year after.

Comment

Anyone have any idea when any of the departments will be contacting us?

Comment

Originally posted by C2019 View Post
                    First round of guys have already been contacted from what I have gathered. So now the rest just have to wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by C2019 View Post
                      Not sure. All I know is that the initial email advised that we would be given ample time to obtain a CPAT beforehand. If I remember correctly in the testing they said they wouldn?t be contacting anyone to do next steps until sometime in May. I think it is safe to assume that if you got the email advising to get a CPAT you should be contacted at some point soon.

Comment

I'd say if you have a medic or EMT and scored in the high 80's with a valid CPAT card, definitely have good shot to get in on one of these departments

Comment

I have 6-7 friends who are in the process. Only one of those people has been contacted by one of the four departments as of right now. With that said, he scored over a 90% which seems to me that it could be possible the first group of individuals have all been selected, but it?s purely speculation. No one really knows how many candidates these departments are trying to pick up. I hope regardless of all that we will at least be notified sometime in the next few weeks as to what our statuses are. But then again, it?s totally plausible to be left in the dark until your name is next on the list! I?ve heard Fishers is looking to hire 3-7, Carmel 12-20, Noblesville 3, not sure about Westfield. Any info I hear I?ll pass on through this thread but it?s safe to say it?s all rumors until we hear from one of the departments.

Comment

I?ve heard Carmel needs about 30 to 40 with retirements and approval for a new truck company. I think it?s safe to say if you got the email about needing the CPAT you?re waiting in the wings for a department to contact you.

Comment

Anyone else checking their phone and emails 1000x a day

Comment

Originally posted by Urb23 View Post
                                Anyone else checking their phone and emails 1000x a day
                                Nah. They said in the test they weren?t going to be contacting anyone until sometime during the month of May. I think an August start date is most likely.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X