Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

2019 Columbus Fire Exam Applications Jan. 1 - 31 100 firefighters will be hired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FireMedic100 View Post
    A lot of shady stuff going on with the list. Heard from a source that the civil service certified the original list, then threw it out and certified another list giving preference to city residents. So basically they took city residents and moved them to the top, bumping back a lot of people.
    mind providing your source?

Comment

Firefighters with the city and recruiting office. You can email them and they will provide you the info that city residents are being processed before non-resident

Comment

So after some complaints, concerns from the union, and more about city residents being processed first the city backed down on that and we are back to the way things were.

Also received this little bit of news the other day. Good luck everyone!

Recruit

Approval for a class in December and 2 Classes in 2020. The 2 Classes in 2020 are for 25 each but the Division is working with the Director’s office to get them increased to 50.

Anticipated Retirements for next year are to be larger than this year is one reason for asking for the larger class sizes.

The Division is looking to find a better way to complete training for personnel when they are hired with certifications

Trying to hire more due to Growing divide in retires to hires.

How do you capitalize on valuable recruit class time. Not retraining when you don’t have to. (I.e.EMTB, FFII, FSI, EMTP)​

One problem is you never know how many have certifications until hired.

Comment

What band are you in Mr. Ohio State?

Comment

I scored 97 and am around 75 on the list. I've already done my PHQ, polygraph, & background investigation. Now just gotta do the office interview with the BI. He said I will probably have my interview in December and I've been slotted for next June's class. My fingers are
            ​​​​ crossed if I'll actually make it in June's class or not but they must be hiring more than 25 per class next year to tell me that.

Comment

Proposed 2020 budget asks for 70 new firefighters

Comment

What band are you in Mr. Ohio State?
                I’m not in a band. currently on.

And vollyff1993 Id count on June. As of My original post the December class wasn’t even filled. Good luck everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by mr. ohio state View Post

I’m not in a band. currently on.

And vollyff1993 Id count on June. As of My original post the December class wasn’t even filled. Good luck everyone!
                  Do you think with all the retirees they will get to the 70 band?

Comment

Do you think with all the retirees they will get to the 70 band?
                    Now if I remember right the “70” band is 85-89 now right? The new bands make zero sense to me but when I got hired, the list got down to the 87s maybe a couple 86s and that was two tests ago with less retirements. In my opinion if you got at least an 85 which got you in a band you are in good shape and it’s all just a matter of waiting..which I know is the worst part of this process.

Comment

Ok, I got an 89 so I was just curious

Comment

Ok, I got an 89 so I was just curious
                        Well if it makes you feel better I got on with a 90 a few years ago. Best of luck my man.

Comment

Originally posted by mr. ohio state View Post
                          Well if it makes you feel better I got on with a 90 a few years ago. Best of luck my man.
                          Mr.ohiostate do you have any tips on the oral interview?

Comment

Good luck to all going through the process. I’m currently employed with a FD in TX, but really want to get on with Columbus and get back to my home state of Ohio. I missed the 2019 signup so I’ll have to wait for 2021. Do they give preference to those who already have EMT or previous fire experience? So for the off topic questions. I emailed recruiting but didn’t hear anything back. Thanks

Comment

No there are no extra points for already holding cards or experience. I'm sure it would help in the interview. But to get to the interview you have to score high enough on the FOAM video response test & pass the multiple choice test, physical agility test, background investigation & polygraph. After you've passed that you can tell them about your experience in the interview and I'm sure that would help. But as far as I know only veterans are eligible for extra bonus points.

Comment

Originally posted by VollyFF1993 View Post
                                No there are no extra points for already holding cards or experience. I'm sure it would help in the interview. But to get to the interview you have to score high enough on the FOAM video response test & pass the multiple choice test, physical agility test, background investigation & polygraph. After you've passed that you can tell them about your experience in the interview and I'm sure that would help. But as far as I know only veterans are eligible for extra bonus points.

Thanks for your help. I’ll be 42 by then, but looking forward to testing in 2021.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X