Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

NOCO Firefighter positions - Greeley, Poudre, and Windsor Fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOCO Firefighter positions - Greeley, Poudre, and Windsor Fire

Creating this thread as a resource for anyone applying for these positions and other departments in the Northern Colorado Area. All 3 send new recruits to the Front Range Consortium Academy with starting pay around 55k. Here's the details I know, for anyone in the processes:

Greeley Fire: Currently in 1st round of interviews. 300 or so active applicants and minimum FIreteam score of 95%. (Yes.. 95%, this is excluding any preference points) There is rumor they may do a second round of interviews for anyone below the 95% cut off. TBD. Greeley is going through some expansion/ambulance acquisition and likely hiring a decent handful.

Poudre Fire (Fort Collins): Currently accepting applications until January. Given the changes to Fireteam and Greeley's minimum scores, I'm guessing they will have the same 95% standard or higher.

Windsor/Severance FR: Currently sending emails for interviews. I don't have a whole lot of details but I understand they are only hiring 4, and draw from reserves and volunteers as well.

Some of this info is a little 'knitting circle' but I havent been able to find much posted online. I don't like the rumor mill and everything I have and will post is at least somewhat credible.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by FF451; 12-01-2018, 05:28 PM.

95% to move on with Poudre? If that's the case I won't even bother applying.
    Last edited by Boize208; 11-28-2018, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Poudre is a really competitive agency. I?m not an expert but if GFD is that high poudre probably will too. You should still apply, never know. Did you take the newer Fireteam or the older one? The older version sounds like people scored a lot lower on. From what Ive read 86 was an acceptable score. Now sounds like mid 90s is competitive with the newer test. I?m going to retake it and try to bump up a couple points.

Comment

Didn?t Mountain View just have apps open too?

Comment

I'm not sure about Mountain View. I wouldn't doubt it. Tons of expansion in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoseman374 View Post
            Didn?t Mountain View just have apps open too?
            Mountain View closed on Monday and th schedule called for interviews/skills testing next week.

95% on the fireteam? I dont know if I can even crack the 90s.

Comment

They circled farther back on the list fairly quickly. I don?t know how far but maybe high 80?s at the lowest. Hopefully Poudre does the same.

Comment

If I scored a 93% overall on the FireTeam test and had it sent to Greeley FD before the deadline. Would they have contacted me already if they scaled back to scores below the 95%?

Comment

Like any process they say candidates that meet the cut off MAY be eligible for interviews. So barring any odd circumstances with your app my guess is yes, 93 would have made the interview list.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90