Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Arlington TX 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arlington TX 2019

Apps open till the 17th. test 11/01

https://cityofarlington.csod.com/ats...?site=1&id=287

Is anyone else here in the process or have any insight into working for Arlington?

The next stage is getting closer and this process seems fairly quick compared to many other departments.
    Good luck to everyone.
    1. 1.5 Mile Aerobic Run: January 11, 2019
    2. Physical Ability Test: January 15 & 16, 2019
    3. Oral Interviews: January 22 & 25, 2019
    4. Polygraph Testing: January 28 - February 28, 2019
    5. Psychological Testing: January 28 - February 28, 2019

Comment

I decided not to test when I found out you have to go through their emt program at minimum wage as a temp employee.

Comment

Boize208 that was the case before civil service, now with civil service both the EMT and Fire portions of the academy you are considered a city employee and make around 18 an hour I believe

Comment

$18/hr? Dang i make more than that now being an EMT lol AFD a no go for me

Comment

That?s just the academy pay you get a bump once you graduate. The pay scale is online.

Comment

Originally posted by fire5555
              Do not understand people not wanting to put the effort forward, to better themselves, and get a great paying job???

Plus, try to start other professions that require certifications, or training, without the certifications and training, and see if you get hired.

Some people seems like they want a job given to them????
              No one here said anything about not working hard and wanting a job given to them without earning it. This is simply about pay. Nothing more and nothing less. You do know that applicants take into account of the pay when considering which dept to apply for, right?

Comment

Sorry I am not a fan of hiring off the streets. Get the certifications first, and than test.
                I completely agree. Hire someone who has fire experience vs someone who is off the street and has not fire experience or certs.
                I have my certs tho. Yes, sacrifices have to be made but i won't do it for a job that would be a significant pay cut lol If the start out pay is low it's common for the top out pay to be low as well..
                Not knocking ANYONE who has their heart set of AFD, whatever works best for you and yours, just not my cup of tea

Comment

Yep, but sometimes have to sacrifice short term, for long term gains.

Most college students do not get paid during a four year program, and have to come in at the bottom of the pay scale.

Sorry I am not a fan of hiring off the streets. Get the certifications first, and than test.
                  Why?..... .

Comment

I see the merits in both hiring off the street and in hiring certified.
                    much bigger applicant pool hiring uncertified and departments can find more people who fit their department specifically. Certified FF/paramedics you know already fit the job however, not necessarily the department.
                    I like that Arlington does both. They stated at the exam that they were planning 2 hire groups. A certified group to start In March with hiring preference and a second group of uncertified to start in the summer sometime.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90