Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Honolulu Fire 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing here yet, despite checking my email and phone every 10-15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by nevertooold View Post
      Nothing here yet, despite checking my email and phone every 10-15 minutes.
      You are not alone...if I?m not checking email, I am looking on this forum for any updates!

Comment

For what it?s worth only 33 people showed up for the SR-16 written test so I doubt it will affect the SR-15 process.

Comment

So in addition to letting people know they were accepted into the academy, will they send out notices/emails to those who didn't make it as well? Just wondering if I'm going to be waiting forever without some sort of response lol...

Comment

According to what i read in the pre-interview literature, they won't. it read something like "if you don't hear from us by April 15th, you didn't make it".
            I am hoping that people start to hear something this week, but it could be next week. I mean, it can't be longer than that, because the physicals start around the 19th, but you never know, right?

Good luck and keep the faith fellas. The dream is near!

Comment

I?ve heard people got their acceptance letter last Friday. 2/1.
              Not sure if that means the rest of us that didn?t hear may still be on a wait list? Hopefully that is the case.

Comment

robbri35 Did you get anything in the mail yet? Now i totally can't do my work, and am fighting the urge to go home and check the mail!!!
                thanks for the information 808ff

Comment

robbri35 Did you get anything in the mail yet? Now i totally can't do my work, and am fighting the urge to go home and check the mail!!!
                  thanks for the information 808ff

No word on my end via email or postal. Man reading 808ff's post felt like a gut punch for sure!

My previous employer did contact me yesterday saying they just got a letter from the HFD to confirm employment history. I don't know how long ago that was mailed out. My unit was in Portland, OR and they don't check the base mailroom often. I think I may potentially be a victim of not being able to verify employment history at this point. If that is the case I don't know if that bumps me out of contention for this next class and they move on to the next person (if I was ever selected). I'm kinda at a loss now...all I can do is bug my pervious supervisor to at least get the verification back to the HR department as soon as possible.
                  Last edited by robbri35; 02-07-2019, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I?m hoping they are sending out acceptance emails as they verify employment and background history. That could be a reason why some of us haven?t heard back yet. Hopefully we find out soon. Good luck guys!

Comment

Originally posted by robbri35 View Post

Man reading 808ff's post felt like a gut punch for sure!
                      isn't that the truth. i am feeling the same thing.. ugh.
                      Last edited by nevertooold; 02-07-2019, 07:33 PM.

Comment

I just got an email from HFD, but it was regarding my score for FF2.

Comment

Anyone know If they will continue to pull scores for future classes? I understand that HFD needs to fill atleast 200 vacancies within the next few years. I heard from previous test from 2015 they pulled scores low as 70. seems like this 2018 test is the time to get in. Any information will be greatly appreciated!

Comment

in the past, they have used the scores from one test to fill classes for the next 2-3 years. I haven't heard anything that would indicate that has changed. From my understanding of the past, these last test will be used to fill those next classes. if anything, i think there might be two classes this year, but i don't really know $#!+. I am not even a probie yet!

Comment

Did any of you guys hear back yet? Should we assume that since we didn?t hear back yet we did not get through? What are your guys thoughts, given that one guy already heard on 2/1.

Comment

Nothing on my end still. I'm not sure of clarifying the selection process other than trying to email the hfdpers email. I had emailed them before to make sure my abstract and paramedic certificate made it in my packages since it was turned in separately. They were responsive but didn't provided any additional details.

I'm still optimistic. There are are what, 5 of us on this forum that interviewed? I know they probably interview more people than slots, but I doubt they go overboard on the numbers. I would think at least one of us would get selected. They are supposed to make selections based off written test scores and I know there are a few scores in the 90s among us. I can't imagine bombing the interview bad enough to not be considered (but who knows.) The email for the interview invite also stated "if tentatively accepted an employment background must be competed before going on to the next step." Like I mentioned before, my previous employer was contacted by HFD, so that makes me think I was possibly given the thumbs up on the interview??? I could end up totally wrong. While I am getting more anxious as each day passes, I'm still thinking we have a chance.
                                Last edited by robbri35; 02-13-2019, 03:09 AM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90