• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honolulu Fire 2018

1-DAY RECRUITMENT ONLY

OPEN: JUNE 18, 2018
    CLOSE: JUNE 18, 2018 - 11:59 pm H.S.T.

FIRE FIGHTER RECRUIT: https://agency.governmentjobs.com//h...fm?action=jobs

any idea on test date(s)? Do mainlanders have any shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Boize208 View Post
      any idea on test date(s)? Do mainlanders have any shot?
      Not sure. I have heard in the past out of staters have a better chance with HFD than any other island dept. State is so small Fire Service wise and such a close knit family only hiring F&F. HFD is extremely short staffed, atleast 140 openings most of them ranked positions (Captain). I do know atleast 45 recruits graduated in March 2018 and April 2018 HFD started a new academy. Assuming 40-50 recruits made it to the April academy, leaving 45 or so openings left for this new recruitment opening. Academy is 8 months long.

Comment

Originally posted by SINCITY View Post

Not sure. I have heard in the past out of staters have a better chance with HFD than any other island dept. State is so small Fire Service wise and such a close knit family only hiring F&F. HFD is extremely short staffed, atleast 140 openings most of them ranked positions (Captain). I do know atleast 45 recruits graduated in March 2018 and April 2018 HFD started a new academy. Assuming 40-50 recruits made it to the April academy, leaving 45 or so openings left for this new recruitment opening. Academy is 8 months long.
        Is their written test any way similar to Maui's?

Comment

Written test is September 15th

Comment

Does anyone know what HFD is like as far as run stats? Like How often will you see structural fires? And tactically are they an aggressive department?

Comment

Originally posted by philljohnson View Post
              Does anyone know what HFD is like as far as run stats? Like How often will you see structural fires? And tactically are they an aggressive department?
              I looked and Couldn't really find anything recent for run stats

Comment

Anyone receive any response back yet as far as self scheduling for the written. I know its between july 10-12. so maybe get a email back on Monday?

Comment

Nothing yet

Comment

ya i haven't received anything yet. Hoping for something soon considering the self scheduling is tomorrow until Thursday.

Comment

Emails went out today

Comment

Looking forward to testing with Honolulu, good luck to everyone

Comment

Any good test tips for success?

Comment

Aloha everyone,

I am scheduled to take the upcoming written test for HFD on Sept. 15. I don?t want to get too ahead of myself, but I am wondering if anyone knows what events will be on the Physical test? Ive seen a video of the events posted by HFDs YouTube but I was wondering if they still do the swim test before hand, and if so does anyone know the exact criteria for the swim test so that I can prepare better?

Thanks ahead of time,
                            mwpo

Comment

I have heard the swim test is 100m and a 10ft dive (retrieving a 10lbs weight) in under 2:20 (or close to that time).

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X