Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F1racing View Post

It was difficult.
    How was it difficult? Was it the timing on the test?

Comment

Originally posted by FFjersey09 View Post
      Anyone took the test today? How was it?
      I took it yesterday. The first 2 sections were identical to 2015.

First was situational based scenarios and how you would respond to them in the order of most likely to least likely.

Second, questions about your character that you answer in a 'strongly disagree' to a 'strongly agree' scale.

Third part was a BREEZE compared to 2015. 2015 rocked you with math questions that would take forever to find an answer. This year it was such simple cognitive questions. You'll be fine. Maybe 3 questions that will have you filling up your page with math to find the answer. The rest you're using common sense. Really read the question thoroughly. What it asks for many times can already eliminate one of the multiple choice options.

Comment

Originally posted by EstablishingCommand View Post

I took it yesterday. The first 2 sections were identical to 2015.

First was situational based scenarios and how you would respond to them in the order of most likely to least likely.

Second, questions about your character that you answer in a 'strongly disagree' to a 'strongly agree' scale.

Third part was a BREEZE compared to 2015. 2015 rocked you with math questions that would take forever to find an answer. This year it was such simple cognitive questions. You'll be fine. Maybe 3 questions that will have you filling up your page with math to find the answer. The rest you're using common sense. Really read the question thoroughly. What it asks for many times can already eliminate one of the multiple choice options.

thank you I appreciate it ... I took the 2015 test and been study like crazy hopefully I be prepared

Comment

Originally posted by doc13mets View Post

The 5 North Hudson towns, Jersey City or Newark (I believe, don't quote me 100%)
          Can you provide me the source material?

Comment

Originally posted by FFjersey09 View Post

How was it difficult? Was it the timing on the test?
            I over study the difficult math questions from 2015 and it threw me off that is was not there. 2015 also had those mechanical diagram questions with gears that I am pretty sure that I got every one of them right. 2018 did not have them.
            Last edited by F1racing; 12-02-2018, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Can you provide me the source material?
              Nope... as I don't have any... just information passed on from one of the guys that works there... it was a recent agreement... The department had been working to get away from a State list from some time.

Comment

Any info on when the list is expected, hearing March, how common is it for the list to be pushed back?

Comment

I know it is still far away but does anyone know if JC will be hiring off of the new list pretty quickly?

Comment

Yeah the lists should be coming out in March 2019

Comment

Could someone clarify how this list hires? What is considered a good list number? How do they zone you? Sorry for the questions just get confused.

Comment

You want to be top 20

Comment

I feel that section 3 was still hard ..those math question were not cover on most seminar classes so unless you a math guru I'm not sure how it could be done especially with time against your side . To be honest I don't see how any one that doesn't take a prep can actually do good in this test ..even on the personaility there certain traits the test maker want you to answer which the public may think it obvious but it isn't .i took a course and it helped with the personaility but section 3 cognitive part caught me off guard some questions I had to guess ....i didn't leave the testing center as confidence as I thought I would ..we see in March

Comment

I agree but I think left the testing center feeling real good about it but got to wait till March though

Comment

Has anyone received an email about a survey on the exam? I asked because I might of delete a important email regarding if I pass or failed the exam. I might just be paranoid.

Comment

Has anyone received an email about a survey on the exam? I asked because I might of delete a important email regarding if I pass or failed the exam. I might just be paranoid.
                                It was just a survey.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X