NJ Civil Service 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EstablishingCommand View Post

Maybe it's because it's 5am, but I didn't quite understand your post. Lol. Why do you think North Hudson and Newark certifying a list benefits me that's only on Kearny's list?

I asked Dyl if he intended on putting together another class before the new list and he said he would be hiring in the beginning of the new year from the current list. Some hope. Any idea how many are retiring or how many they are looking to put on? Sorry for all the questions man, but you can imagine my enthusiasm. Lol
    Kearny hires from Newark and Kearny.. When Newark hires, it removes people from the Kearny list.. So you move up in the rankings and have less competition for the job. Assuming of course that some people ahead of you are from Newark. I am guessing he is using the same logic for North Hudson.

Comment

Originally posted by tanman17 View Post

Kearny hires from Newark and Kearny.. When Newark hires, it removes people from the Kearny list.. So you move up in the rankings and have less competition for the job. Assuming of course that some people ahead of you are from Newark. I am guessing he is using the same logic for North Hudson.
      Yeah, you?re right. That makes sense.

Comment

So when is everyone?s test date? I?m doing 12/1 in Cranford.

Comment

I?m doing 12/8

Comment

In Trenton though

Comment

Anybody took the test yet?

Comment

Originally posted by FFjersey09 View Post
                Anybody took the test yet?
                I take it 12/1, but I know a few guys who have taken it a couple Saturdays ago. Their feedback was mixed. I don't know if you took the 2015 test, but you're basically handed the test and told how long you have and that's it. There's a lot of situational based questions so when I got towards the end where the math is I was caught off guard. Each math question took a substantial amount of time to figure out and there was a good number of them. It left me without being able to answer the last 13. I had to just fill in anything.

This year has a bit more structure in that everyone goes at the same pace. They break the test up into sections and you can't advance until the time is up for that section. Like this you have a bit more control over your time. The only caveat with that is that let's say you're done with section 3 early you cannot jump back to section 2 to revise your answers. So, better time management, but be sure of everything you covered before it's time to advance.

I personally think this new way sounds better, but some guys didn't like it. I stressed out a lot about the last test. This time I'm going in a lot less stressed out and I'm just going to take it as it comes.

Hopefully I don't have to rely on that and I get hired off the last few of this list that I'm going through the process of. I'm getting too old. Lol

Comment

Yeah I definitely appreciate it good luck to you hope everything goes well hopefully this new structure benefit me

Comment

Originally posted by mnaps1990 View Post
                    Has anyone seen the official residency/department list yet?
                    Here you go.

https://info.csc.state.nj.us/Vats/Pd...Fact_Sheet.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Montey View Post
                      Already out of date as North Hudson's has changed

Comment

Originally posted by doc13mets View Post

Already out of date as North Hudson's has changed
                        What are the new residency requirements?

Comment

Anyone took the test today? How was it?

Comment

What?s the new residency requirements for North Hudson?

Comment

Originally posted by FFjersey09 View Post
                              Anyone took the test today? How was it?
                              It was difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by F1racing View Post
                                What?s the new residency requirements for North Hudson?
                                The 5 North Hudson towns, Jersey City or Newark (I believe, don't quote me 100%)

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X