NJ Civil Service 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ac973 View Post
    Anyone from Newark receive their cert yet??
    I actually came on here to ask the same question, No I haven't. I have heard multiple rumors about certs going out and a class of possibly 35 for September.

Comment

• Originally posted by JC_2017 View Post

I actually came on here to ask the same question, No I haven't. I have heard multiple rumors about certs going out and a class of possibly 35 for September.
      I heard rumors for spring/summer for Newark. Checked with others close to my rank, we've not received cert letters yet. Cert letters are moving for other towns and cities. My guess is Newark will send cert letters sometime soon.
      Last edited by DP973; 05-12-2021, 06:04 AM.

Comment

• Got my Kearny cert in the mail today. Newark should be sending certs soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by FF973 View Post
          Got my Kearny cert in the mail today. Newark should be sending certs soon.
          Didn’t even know they were hiring. I’m curious to know the timeline of the academy for those who get selected. But yeah I would assume Newark will be sending out too. And then they will accept Kearny’s cert until they get Newark’s and jump ship like usual. Lol

Comment

• Anybody hear any news or updates for Newark?

Comment

• What's up guys, hows everyone process going ? ....

Hearing a class for September for passaic county ......not sure what towns will be sending recruits I believe JC will be one of them with Paterson as well ...

For those on the list it's looking for atleast 1 more year so be patience...

Comment

• Originally posted by JM2825 View Post
                What's up guys, hows everyone process going ? ....

Hearing a class for September for passaic county ......not sure what towns will be sending recruits I believe JC will be one of them with Paterson as well ...

For those on the list it's looking for atleast 1 more year so be patience...
                Hope you're right about JC, I got certified last time, but missed it by 7 slots. They told me I would have to recertify so hopefully see something in the mail soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by rutter18 View Post

Hope you're right about JC, I got certified last time, but missed it by 7 slots. They told me I would have to recertify so hopefully see something in the mail soon.
                  Yes, a class for JC and Paterson in September

Comment

• I'm in the process of moving to NJ and plan on taking the next test. I had a couple of questions in regards to the civil service test. I understand most cities hire their own residents first. How often do cities exhaust their lists, and move on to the county and state list? Do they hire in sequential order based off scores, 5 spots they hire 1-5, or can they interview/hire so many per position?

Comment

• Originally posted by grizzly88 View Post
                      I'm in the process of moving to NJ and plan on taking the next test. I had a couple of questions in regards to the civil service test. I understand most cities hire their own residents first. How often do cities exhaust their lists, and move on to the county and state list? Do they hire in sequential order based off scores, 5 spots they hire 1-5, or can they interview/hire so many per position?
                      So NJ is a very messed up place to get hired in certain aspects. Make sure you look into the NJ civil service rule of 1 and 3, which allows an appointing authority to skip 2 candidates for each open vacancy. For example let's say a city is only hiring one firefighter, they can skip the first two ranked candidates and appoint the 3rd ranked candidate without any reason at all. Most cities will hire in order of ranking so long as you pass the residency check, background check and a psych evaluation. Unfortunately some cities like where I live will skip candidates to hire who they want. I've been skipped over 2 times already since this list came out and have been sitting in the #1 position for a while now and it doesn't matter lol. Also it's rare for cities to exhaust thier own residents and resort to countywide, but some cities hire residents from other cities or even other counties. Anyone who lives in Passaic county or Essex County towns who take the test automatically go onto Clifton's list. Almost all the major cities only hire thier own residents though. Hope I helped answer some of your questions
                      Last edited by Union_Money1; 07-17-2021, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Anyone heard anything about Newark putting in a class?

Comment

• Any word on Elizabeth??

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...