No announcement yet.

NJ Civil Service 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone have any information on when the exam dates will start? I am thinking about signing up for the Bernstein course on Oct 13th and 14th but I don't want my exam to be sometime in early October before the course.

Comment

Originally posted by FFjersey92 View Post
      Does anyone have any information on when the exam dates will start? I am thinking about signing up for the Bernstein course on Oct 13th and 14th but I don't want my exam to be sometime in early October before the course.
      If it's anything like the 2015 test you'll only know once you get a letter with your test location/date. If you applied very early on you're taking a chance because there was testing starting early October. I'm interested in that one too since it's 15 minutes from my house and 2 classes are already sold out leaving the other ones kind of far from me. Then again I'm also back and forth on this test prep class period. If you took the 2015 test, it'll be the same thing.
      Last edited by EstablishingCommand; 07-28-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EstablishingCommand View Post

If it's anything like the 2015 test you'll only know once you get a letter with your test location/date. If you applied very early on you're taking a chance because there was testing starting early October. I'm interested in that one too since it's 15 minutes from my house and 2 classes are already sold out leaving the other ones kind of far from me. Then again I'm also back and forth on this test prep class period. If you took the 2015 test, it'll be the same thing.
        Thanks for the info. I took the last test and scored an 88. I am trying to be top 20 in JC this time around and I have only really heard good things about the course.

Comment

Hey guys, does anyone have any info on Trenton? I may have a place i can stay at down there to make residency but i saw some Google articles from 2017 that said things like they got denied a grant to hire, the city possibly closing a company(s)...all bad news for trying to get on there, anyone have any current insight? Would rather not make the move if the chances are better elsewhere, thanx!

Comment

What about promotional prep did anyone take it before ? It is cheaper and New Jersey based a lot of ppl recommend for both promotional prep and Bernstein Test Prep.

Comment

Has anyone received their test date yet? Or know when we should be expecting them?

Comment

Has anyone received their test date yet? Or know when we should be expecting them?
                I was just wondering the same thing.

Comment

I?d recommend going back to the 2015 thread and seeing the timeline on there. Guys were updating pretty regularly and I assume the timeline will be about the same.

Comment

I just received my certification letter from the 2015 test. Anyone know when that let will be expiring?

Comment

I just received my certification letter from the 2015 test. Anyone know when that let will be expiring?
                      Whenever this new list comes out.. If they follow the same timeline, it will be around March. What department certified you?

Comment

Originally posted by tanman17 View Post

Whenever this new list comes out.. If they follow the same timeline, it will be around March. What department certified you?
                        A Hudson county town. DM me if you want to know more specifically.

Im position 4X though and with 6 months left in a relatively small town I?ll manage my expectations.

Comment

A Hudson county town. DM me if you want to know more specifically.

Im position 4X though and with 6 months left in a relatively small town I?ll manage my expectations.
                          That certification should be good to hire this group. Prob the last ones hired off that list unless something unforeseen happens. Make sure you fill that application out properly when you get it... dot all your i?s cross all your t?s...

Comment

Originally posted by doc13mets View Post

That certification should be good to hire this group. Prob the last ones hired off that list unless something unforeseen happens. Make sure you fill that application out properly when you get it... dot all your i?s cross all your t?s...
                            Hey bud. Well you would know better than anyone else. I sent that letter back with blood, sweat, and tears. Lol. But again with a position in the forties you really think there's a chance? Any idea how many they are looking to put on in our town?

Comment

Heard that North Hudson and Newark just certified. Things are getting interesting for those still left on the current list! Note North Hudson certified off the newly agreed towns (The 5 in North Hudson, Jersey City and Newark)... for those guys who just got certified by Kearny and are only on the Kearny list... this is probably good news for you

Comment

Originally posted by doc13mets View Post
                                Heard that North Hudson and Newark just certified. Things are getting interesting for those still left on the current list! Note North Hudson certified off the newly agreed towns (The 5 in North Hudson, Jersey City and Newark)... for those guys who just got certified by Kearny and are only on the Kearny list... this is probably good news for you
                                Maybe it's because it's 5am, but I didn't quite understand your post. Lol. Why do you think North Hudson and Newark certifying a list benefits me that's only on Kearny's list?

I asked Dyl if he intended on putting together another class before the new list and he said he would be hiring in the beginning of the new year from the current list. Some hope. Any idea how many are retiring or how many they are looking to put on? Sorry for all the questions man, but you can imagine my enthusiasm. Lol

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X