Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

NJ Civil Service 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what paterson standards are?

Comment

• There alot of people here that went for paterson i hope most are atleast top 100 to have a legit chance ....and not sure if they would ever reach top 100 ...last test they only put in 1 class which for a big city like newark and jc its nuts! it basically give little to no chance to non veterans ...hopefully they have different plans this test around..im not sure where in the list Paterson stop in 2015 while newark and jc went 300 plus .... i relocated this test around to a more secure town not just for the test but my current job required it so work out well ...

I was once certified by Paterson, they ask for basics credentials ..nothing out of the world they just make sure everything is legit ....the hiring chief is very very nice and all the staff members ..they answer any questions you may have

Comment

• Originally posted by EJ228 View Post
        There alot of people here that went for paterson i hope most are atleast top 100 to have a legit chance ....and not sure if they would ever reach top 100 ...last test they only put in 1 class which for a big city like newark and jc its nuts! it basically give little to no chance to non veterans ...hopefully they have different plans this test around..im not sure where in the list Paterson stop in 2015 while newark and jc went 300 plus .... i relocated this test around to a more secure town not just for the test but my current job required it so work out well ...

I was once certified by Paterson, they ask for basics credentials ..nothing out of the world they just make sure everything is legit ....the hiring chief is very very nice and all the staff members ..they answer any questions you may have
        My guess is if they were certified by paterson they are in the top 100. I know from the 2015 test they certified past 100.....what city are you going for now?

Comment

There alot of people here that went for paterson i hope most are atleast top 100 to have a legit chance ....and not sure if they would ever reach top 100 ...last test they only put in 1 class which for a big city like newark and jc its nuts! it basically give little to no chance to non veterans ...hopefully they have different plans this test around..im not sure where in the list Paterson stop in 2015 while newark and jc went 300 plus .... i relocated this test around to a more secure town not just for the test but my current job required it so work out well ...

Thank you for the advice! Sorry you didn?t get to join last time around. For Paterson I?ve heard that a lot of firefighters will be retiring which means they?ll be hiring a decent amount. I?m sure they?ll go through more than one class this time around.

Comment

• Just received a cert from Harrison.

Comment

• Originally posted by FFjersey92 View Post
              Just received a cert from Harrison.
              Nice. What was your rank for that jurisdiction?

Comment

• Friendly advise!!!!!! to any one taking the physical or for any one who eventually will take the physical ..DO NOT i repeat do not take the maze tunnel for granted ..unbelievable the amount of people who were eliminated by this obstacle..Every one mainly focus on 1 aspect (getting thru the stairs) including my self and it will blow that something so simple can mess up all the hardwork . This processs is sooooo sensitive that everything should be equally handled.

The instructors will tell you this and i saw it with my own eyes when i tested i was in shock and kinda got worried my self but thanks god everything went fine for me .

Comment

• Originally posted by POWER View Post

Thank you for the advice! Sorry you didn?t get to join last time around. For Paterson I?ve heard that a lot of firefighters will be retiring which means they?ll be hiring a decent amount. I?m sure they?ll go through more than one class this time around.
                  Yea i met with some buddies over the weekend and rumors are Paterson will be putting a big class right off the jump and also they have alot of retirements in the next couple of years almost 100 FFs will be eligible to retire in the upcoming years not sure if thats valid but may be ..so if you are top 100 in paterson you def can be reach especially when there were alot of no shows ....i guess i left to soon but i am happy with the opportunity in the town i live now .

Comment

Yea i met with some buddies over the weekend and rumors are Paterson will be putting a big class right off the jump and also they have alot of retirements in the next couple of years almost 100 FFs will be eligible to retire in the upcoming years not sure if thats valid but may be ..so if you are top 100 in paterson you def can be reach especially when there were alot of no shows ....i guess i left to soon but i am happy with the opportunity in the town i live now .
                    What's the town you live in now?

Comment

Friendly advise!!!!!! to any one taking the physical or for any one who eventually will take the physical ..DO NOT i repeat do not take the maze tunnel for granted ..unbelievable the amount of people who were eliminated by this obstacle..Every one mainly focus on 1 aspect (getting thru the stairs) including my self and it will blow that something so simple can mess up all the hardwork . This processs is sooooo sensitive that everything should be equally handled.

The instructors will tell you this and i saw it with my own eyes when i tested i was in shock and kinda got worried my self but thanks god everything went fine for me .
                      Yeah be careful with the maze. My time was closer to failing than I thought it would be. Obstacle course is easy honestly as long as you keep a good pace going you?ll be fine. And the ladder climb is the easiest as long as you?re not afraid of heights. If you are then idk what to tell you but it?s apart of the job so get use to it.

Comment

• Has anyonce heard or received anything from Newark ?

Comment

• Anyone from Jersey City hear anything after their physical?

Comment

• Originally posted by FFjersey92 View Post
                            Anyone from Jersey City hear anything after their physical?
                            Was wondering the same thing. Whats the next step, background check right?

Comment

• Did anyone from New Brunswick heard something?

Comment

• Originally posted by FFjersey09 View Post
                                Did anyone from New Brunswick heard something?
                                A friend of mine was hired late this winter off the old list, they were supposed to start the academy May 1st but it's now been pushed back until August because of funding. I doubt they are going to do anything off the new list right away...

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X