NJ Civil Service 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EdAnchor View Post

pray tell. How so? There?s plenty of vollies ready to jump in that don?t have to start training from square one. It saves the town on time and money. Plus it?s an incentive to recruit and retain vollies.
    Why does an inner city want to recruit and retain vollies from the suburbs? You are assuming they are automatically better and more qualified for the job because they passed firefighter 1. Big deal, it isn?t hard to do.

Departments can already opt out of civil service and do the exact test you want. They don?t because civil service is more cost efficient for the cities. Why should they pay for the entire testing when the state can do it at a much more efficient level? Not to mention civil service helps get rid of some (not all) nepotism, which runs rampant in towns with Chiefs tests.

Now your next response will be ?but I said it will be a state list giving preference to volunteers?.. Ok, so someone who was born and raised in a town with a volunteer department can join the department and have them pay for their academy and firefighter 1, but someone born and raised in a city with a paid department and surrounded by paid departments, would have to pay for their own academy, just to have an equal chance at getting the job? That?s ridiculous.

Not to mention being a volunteer in Sussex county does almost nothing to prepare you for being a firefighter in JC, Paterson, Newark, etc.. You have basically the same amount of experience as someone fresh out of the academy.

I clicked on your profile and read some of your posts. You are another whiner who is just making excuses for not getting on the job. Stop trying to change the system to work in your favor instead of being committed and earning the job.

Comment

• Can we all stop the debate and confrontation and let's inspired each other and be positive as ultimately we all pursuing the same goal ...the system is what the system is...with that being said can some one please tell me from experience or knowledge what would be a good/safe rank for cities like Newark, JC or Paterson ? ...I wont say what city I'm rank due to personal purpose but I'm top 70 in one of those 3 city and would like to know if I have a legit chance down the line obviously not right away ....curious to find out how deep in the list big city like those 3 get to .

Comment

• Hey is there anyone planning on taking the montclair chief exam? Is there really a chance if you arent a resident

Comment

• Originally posted by Cesar8599 View Post
          Hey is there anyone planning on taking the montclair chief exam? Is there really a chance if you arent a resident
          ive taken it several times as well as my brother and we?re very close friends with a Captain there. If you?re not a resident and also have the chief?s ear, you won?t make it.

Comment

• Originally posted by EJ228 View Post
            Can we all stop the debate and confrontation and let's inspired each other and be positive as ultimately we all pursuing the same goal ...the system is what the system is...with that being said can some one please tell me from experience or knowledge what would be a good/safe rank for cities like Newark, JC or Paterson ? ...I wont say what city I'm rank due to personal purpose but I'm top 70 in one of those 3 city and would like to know if I have a legit chance down the line obviously not right away ....curious to find out how deep in the list big city like those 3 get to .
            Newark/JC you will get hired (assuming you meet all other requirements). Paterson I have no clue. In a perfect world they should be hiring, but didn?t their mayor just threaten them with layoffs? So who knows what their hiring situation will be. Weren?t you on Paterson last list?

Comment

• Anybody apply for the New Brunswick fire Department?

Comment

• How does getting pick for the physical test work?

Comment

• Any South Jersey people in here? Wondering if top 50 for Cape May County stands a chance at being certified...

Comment

• Originally posted by FFjersey09 View Post
                    How does getting pick for the physical test work?
                    You should receive something in your email which tells you the date. You must have been cleared by a doctor before your test date to take the physical though. I have yet to receive anything but just make sure your checking your email that you signed up with regularly.

Comment

• And if you want to pass it, you need to have begun working out months ago. But it?s ok. I do train individuals to pass the test and be ready for the Academy and Job. So even if you start now, I can get you in shape, if you?re ready to commit.

Comment

• I?m rank in the top 40 for New Brunswick are they going to have 20-30 ppl take the physical at once?

Comment

• For those of you in Jersey City. It appears the next academy will be of 60. Amongst other news.

https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/03/sp...ource=facebook

Comment

• correct. they will be certifying 150 (possibly even 200) to hire 60. academy to start probably in august.

Comment

• How long after the list comes out did anyone receive a certification in the mail ? Anyone who experience the process before

Comment

• Originally posted by FFjersey09 View Post
                                How long after the list comes out did anyone receive a certification in the mail ? Anyone who experience the process before
                                Not sure but after looking at the posts from the 2015 NJ Civil Service it looks like it might take a couple months depending on where you are on the list and what cities are looking to hire soon then it might be sooner.

if anyone has heard anything please keep the forum updated.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X