Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Tacoma Fire Dept 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tacoma Fire Dept 2018

Apps are live until 6/29. Anyone testing?

Planning on it! This will be my first time testing with FPSI. Any experience with this test?

Comment

I took TFDs test in 2015 and wrecked it lol a lot of the test questions were from areas of the book i didn't spend much time studying because i figured there wouldn't very many questions about those sections. Boy was i wrong! The test is pretty darn simple, study the book, retain the information and you'll pass the test. What other depts have you tested for?

Comment

I've done National Testing Network's test once, and did okay I'm retaking that one this weekend. I have done Public Safety Testing three times and have never gotten over an 80% (not a fan). I made it all the way through Seattle's hiring process back when they tested in 2015, I'm actually still on that list and offers are going out next week for the August recruit class (knock on wood). Hoping for a call.

I also took the written for Los Angeles back in March, still waiting on the results. How about you?

Comment

I've taken NTN test 3 times and did pretty good, mid to high 80s. Ive taken PST test once and got an 82. PS Test was easier than NTN i think, it's just not a lot of time allowed in certain parts of the PST test that sucks but overall it's better. I've tested for TFD back in 2015, bombed their test LOL smh Tested for CCFD in nevada, did great there actually highest test score i've ever gotten but i couldn't get my CPAT done in time due to work so i missed their window. Tested for HFD in Nevada and did mid 70s got an interview but didn't make it past that. I'm applying/testing everywhere as well as PD.

I wonder how many people TFD will be hiring this time

Comment

Study the book. Memorize the book. That is the ONLY thing they will test on. It is 100% from the book. TFD is an awesome department to work for. They have been hiring like crazy...medic laterals, two emt classes of 24, and one, maybe 2 for 2018. Great department, great pay but the academy and probation is the real deal.

Comment

yeah i concur! the test in STRAIGHT from the book, no BS, no tricks or curve balls. I have a few friends on with TFD. The academy from what i heard recently is not what it use to be. It's not as rigorous however the probation is DEFINITELY the real deal. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Last edited by GWBJR; 05-23-2018, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I applied for Tacoma as well. We will see how it goes! Is the book all fire related stuff? I?ve passed a few tests in California but the tests up here are way different it seems like.

Comment

Here we go ladies & gents!! Testing is next week

Comment

Call me an old timer, but I liked it better when fire departments did their own testing through their civil service commission. Rather than these big pay for testing outfits making a killing on firefighter applicants.

Comment

Good luck guys and gals. I pulled off Tacoma because i was picked up by Denver. I'm currently heading into week 7 of 19. Study the guide and for Gods sake practice your damn oral board!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigjohn24 View Post
                          Call me an old timer, but I liked it better when fire departments did their own testing through their civil service commission. Rather than these big pay for testing outfits making a killing on firefighter applicants.
                          I agree! Seems like those tests aren't meant for applicants to keep pouring money into testing because the test in itself is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Sincitybandit View Post
                            Good luck guys and gals. I pulled off Tacoma because i was picked up by Denver. I'm currently heading into week 7 of 19. Study the guide and for Gods sake practice your damn oral board!!!
                            I to pulled from Tacoma as well as Central Pierce. Found a better opportunity for my family and myself going to the dark side

Comment

Originally posted by SINCITY View Post

I to pulled from Tacoma as well as Central Pierce. Found a better opportunity for my family and myself going to the dark side
                              Good luck brother man hope it all works out for ya!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90