Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami Dade Fire Rescue 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Miami Dade Fire Rescue 2018

    Apps go live June 4th-24th

    http://www.miamidade.gov/fire/jobs-employment.asp

    It's one of the only departments in Florida that doesn't require Florida FF1/FF2

  • #2
    I'll be applying. First choice. Relative on department.

    Comment


    • #3
      Realistically, do out of Staters have a chance? Thanks.

      Comment


      • #4
        I applied for the heck of it. Its probably one of the only Florida departments that out of staters have a chance at

        Comment


        • #5
          Does anyone happen to know what is the maximum extra points allowed? I?m a veteran and have my State Paramedic Card. Also, is it a 56 hour work week?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FM2116 View Post
            Does anyone happen to know what is the maximum extra points allowed? I?m a veteran and have my State Paramedic Card. Also, is it a 56 hour work week?
            24/48 with Kelly day

            Comment


            • #7
              Does anyone have any information about the TABE and PERT tests? I have called numerous times regarding them, and each time, I am transferred over to someone that does not know. What exempts you from taking these tests, and if not exempt, how can you schedule them?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by dctalk523 View Post
                Realistically, do out of Staters have a chance? Thanks.
                realistically? no.
                it's an open competitive, but they're most likely gonna pull in locals with both FL fire & medic certs, not to mention the veterans with all certs.
                they'll run a class or two with people without any certifications because of the grant, but those classes are very few and far between.

                either way good luck

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by PWCCandidate View Post
                  Does anyone have any information about the TABE and PERT tests? I have called numerous times regarding them, and each time, I am transferred over to someone that does not know. What exempts you from taking these tests, and if not exempt, how can you schedule them?
                  you're not exempt from ANY testing. TABE/PERT i believe is what's used as entry into the local fire college programs, not sure how that applies with MDFR considering they have their own fire academy.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mrcoolice View Post

                    you're not exempt from ANY testing. TABE/PERT i believe is what's used as entry into the local fire college programs, not sure how that applies with MDFR considering they have their own fire academy.
                    Interesting. They finally emailed me back and said it wasn't required as part of the application. Not sure when I'd need it, though. Trying to get everything sorted out. I live quite far away (southern PA, to be exact), even though my legal address is now in Miami, so trying to limit the number of flights I'll need to take down.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mrcoolice View Post

                      realistically? no.
                      it's an open competitive, but they're most likely gonna pull in locals with both FL fire & medic certs, not to mention the veterans with all certs.
                      they'll run a class or two with people without any certifications because of the grant, but those classes are very few and far between.

                      either way good luck
                      What's the reasoning that most Florida departments require Florida certifications? Just to cut out out-of-state applicants?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Pretty much FL doesn?t play well with others.
                        If you have proboard you?ll still have to test out in the middle of FL to get your fire cert. it?s ridiculous
                        Originally posted by Boize208 View Post

                        What's the reasoning that most Florida departments require Florida certifications? Just to cut out out-of-state applicants?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Anyone know how many they plan to take to cpat? And if they still give lottery numbers? Pretty sure I scored very highly. Just worried about background. Have been fired from two jobs in the past 5 years.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I never heard anything after I turned my application in. No invite to the written.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Boize208 View Post
                              I never heard anything after I turned my application in. No invite to the written.
                              When did you apply?

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X