Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Miami Dade Fire Rescue 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami14
    replied
    Hey guys and girls. I’m a FF with MDFR and was told by friend who’s applying non-Cert that MDFR is not putting on the non-Cert class till after the new year because they can’t get enough people to pass the cpat. My list had two non Cert classes so that may mean the same for this list. Sorry... non-Cert class started dec 16.
    Last edited by Miami14; 12-21-2019, 10:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fcast12
    replied
    Any body hear anything from Headquarters?

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    Originally posted by Ffarodr View Post

How do you know November is uncertified?
    They told my buddy that at intake.

Leave a comment:

• Ffarodr
    replied
    Originally posted by PWCCandidate View Post

Yes, November is uncertified. I haven't heard back since psych. Hopefully MDFR isn't one of the departments that never lets you know if you failed. I at least want to know.

People that passed psych: how long did it take before you got your results?
    How do you know November is uncertified?

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    Originally posted by Zeke1618 View Post

I have done psych 1 as well but haven?t heard back , been a month since. I?m uncertified / medic .
    is November uncert class ?
    Yes, November is uncertified. I haven't heard back since psych. Hopefully MDFR isn't one of the departments that never lets you know if you failed. I at least want to know.

People that passed psych: how long did it take before you got your results?

Leave a comment:

• Zeke1618
    replied

Someone told me Sep 30 - Oct 4 for official offers. I've done my psych 1, waiting on intake. Not sure if they're trying to squeeze us all in for the November 18 academy.

I'm uncertified, but EMT.
    I have done psych 1 as well but haven?t heard back , been a month since. I?m uncertified / medic .
    is November uncert class ?

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    Originally posted by Truckie87 View Post
    Just finished getting cleared with the 2nd psych, medical and did fingerprints on Monday, Official offers with the start are rumored to be going out starting on the 5th of August
    Someone told me Sep 30 - Oct 4 for official offers. I've done my psych 1, waiting on intake. Not sure if they're trying to squeeze us all in for the November 18 academy.

I'm uncertified, but EMT.

Leave a comment:

• Truckie87
    replied
    Just finished getting cleared with the 2nd psych, medical and did fingerprints on Monday, Official offers with the start are rumored to be going out starting on the 5th of August

Leave a comment:

• Truckie87
    replied
    Anyone else get a conditional offer today? Certified brothers

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    Closest to resume is PHQ, but you have to use their format. Plus, the date for PHQ submission has already passed.

Leave a comment:

• FFResume25
    replied
    No oral or resume request?

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    Originally posted by FFResume25 View Post
    Good luck to everyone in the process! I have sat on the oral board and have seen the common pitfalls that close the door for the aspiring candidate. Feel free to message me if you would like help in the process. The resume needs to be clear, concise, tell a story and list achievements along with responsibilities. The panel has anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes to figure out if they want to work with you for the next 20 or 30 years.
    There is no oral for MDFR.

Leave a comment:

• FFResume25
    replied
    Good luck to everyone in the process! I have sat on the oral board and have seen the common pitfalls that close the door for the aspiring candidate. Feel free to message me if you would like help in the process. The resume needs to be clear, concise, tell a story and list achievements along with responsibilities. The panel has anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes to figure out if they want to work with you for the next 20 or 30 years.

Leave a comment:

• Ffarodr
    replied
    I guess first CPAT WASN'T all veterans. A few certified, a few vets, most neither, but all scored lower. I dunno how this works, lol.

I passed my CPAT, uncertified, have EMT. Waiting on Val for psych.

For those unaware, Miami-Dade has an interim chief. They can't do anymore classes after the November one until the mayor okays a candidate. So, hopefully, all that have done CPAT are for the November class.
    Have you been scheduled a psych?

Leave a comment:

• Truckie87
    replied
    Originally posted by Ffarodr View Post

How long ago did you meet with backgrounds?
    I met with them at the end of May
    Last edited by Truckie87; 06-28-2019, 03:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X