X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    Originally posted by Boize208 View Post

The day applications were accepted. I'm not sweating it though, because as an out of stater I doubt I'd have a shot anyways
    Heard anything yet? I'm surprised a process this large doesn't have a more active thread. Active threads here have given me a wealth of information previously.

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    Got a 90. Uncertified. Disappointed Not sure it's good enough to get hired

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied

The day applications were accepted. I'm not sweating it though, because as an out of stater I doubt I'd have a shot anyways
    Don't be so sure. I'm an out of state guy. It's all about the written score now, from what I understand. I legitimately think I got every question right. I know for a fact I got all the audio, 53 questions, right.

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    Originally posted by PWCCandidate View Post

When did you apply?

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    I never heard anything after I turned my application in. No invite to the written.
    When did you apply?

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    I never heard anything after I turned my application in. No invite to the written.

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    Anyone know how many they plan to take to cpat? And if they still give lottery numbers? Pretty sure I scored very highly. Just worried about background. Have been fired from two jobs in the past 5 years.

Leave a comment:

• mrcoolice
    replied
    Pretty much FL doesn?t play well with others.
    If you have proboard you?ll still have to test out in the middle of FL to get your fire cert. it?s ridiculous

What's the reasoning that most Florida departments require Florida certifications? Just to cut out out-of-state applicants?

Leave a comment:

• Boize208
    replied
    Originally posted by mrcoolice View Post

realistically? no.
    it's an open competitive, but they're most likely gonna pull in locals with both FL fire & medic certs, not to mention the veterans with all certs.
    they'll run a class or two with people without any certifications because of the grant, but those classes are very few and far between.

either way good luck
    What's the reasoning that most Florida departments require Florida certifications? Just to cut out out-of-state applicants?

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    Originally posted by mrcoolice View Post

you're not exempt from ANY testing. TABE/PERT i believe is what's used as entry into the local fire college programs, not sure how that applies with MDFR considering they have their own fire academy.
    Interesting. They finally emailed me back and said it wasn't required as part of the application. Not sure when I'd need it, though. Trying to get everything sorted out. I live quite far away (southern PA, to be exact), even though my legal address is now in Miami, so trying to limit the number of flights I'll need to take down.

Leave a comment:

• mrcoolice
    replied
    Originally posted by PWCCandidate View Post
    Does anyone have any information about the TABE and PERT tests? I have called numerous times regarding them, and each time, I am transferred over to someone that does not know. What exempts you from taking these tests, and if not exempt, how can you schedule them?
    you're not exempt from ANY testing. TABE/PERT i believe is what's used as entry into the local fire college programs, not sure how that applies with MDFR considering they have their own fire academy.

Leave a comment:

• mrcoolice
    replied
    Originally posted by dctalk523 View Post
    Realistically, do out of Staters have a chance? Thanks.
    realistically? no.
    it's an open competitive, but they're most likely gonna pull in locals with both FL fire & medic certs, not to mention the veterans with all certs.
    they'll run a class or two with people without any certifications because of the grant, but those classes are very few and far between.

either way good luck

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    Does anyone have any information about the TABE and PERT tests? I have called numerous times regarding them, and each time, I am transferred over to someone that does not know. What exempts you from taking these tests, and if not exempt, how can you schedule them?

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    Originally posted by FM2116 View Post
    Does anyone happen to know what is the maximum extra points allowed? I?m a veteran and have my State Paramedic Card. Also, is it a 56 hour work week?
    24/48 with Kelly day

Leave a comment:

• FM2116
    replied
    Does anyone happen to know what is the maximum extra points allowed? I?m a veteran and have my State Paramedic Card. Also, is it a 56 hour work week?

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X