Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    I guess first CPAT WASN'T all veterans. A few certified, a few vets, most neither, but all scored lower. I dunno how this works, lol.

I passed my CPAT, uncertified, have EMT. Waiting on Val for psych.

For those unaware, Miami-Dade has an interim chief. They can't do anymore classes after the November one until the mayor okays a candidate. So, hopefully, all that have done CPAT are for the November class.

Leave a comment:

• Ffarodr
    replied
    Originally posted by Truckie87 View Post
    Ok, I met with backgrounds and was told my file was sent up for review so we'll see how it goes.
    How long ago did you meet with backgrounds?

Leave a comment:

• Truckie87
    replied
    Ok, I met with backgrounds and was told my file was sent up for review so we'll see how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• Ffarodr
    replied
    Originally posted by Truckie87 View Post
    Anybody certified hear anything from backgrounds?
    I?m FF paramedic and haven?t heard anything since the psych test lol

Leave a comment:

• Truckie87
    replied
    Anybody certified hear anything from backgrounds?

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    First CPAT was a veterans class. Just got my email for the next CPAT. Sucks, because I got pattelofemoral syndrome a week ago, and also gained some weight.

If you don't pass "practice" CPAT at orientation (only practice if you fail), does that hurt your chances at all?

Leave a comment:

• Truckie87
    replied
    Has anyone else met with backgrounds yet?

Leave a comment:

• Ffarodr
    replied
    Originally posted by PWCCandidate View Post
    Emails going out to uncertified for Cpat. Friend scored lower than me and got one, I haven't yet. Probably alphabetical order or something. Mid to late May, from what I've heard.
    Don?t try to make sense of anything MDFR does.

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    Emails going out to uncertified for Cpat. Friend scored lower than me and got one, I haven't yet. Probably alphabetical order or something. Mid to late May, from what I've heard.

Leave a comment:

• Mrod10-25
    replied
    First couple of groups that got emailed to go through CPAT have been certified. Appointments for psychological have also been emailed so far.

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    Haven't heard anything so far since the test. I know some certified guys have heard back. I'm working on getting my EMT to ensure I don't miss out on an uncertified EMT class.

With EMT and 91, I'm hoping I have some sort of chance...

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    Originally posted by AspiringFire24 View Post

This was my first written with Miami, although I only know one other person who got above a 90 and I know about 20 people who took the test. Most test scores were 80?s with a few 70?s.
    I just wonder how many uncertified they'll hire in the first class Two people at least that scored higher than me at 91. I really want first class lol, waiting sucks.

Leave a comment:

• AspiringFire24
    replied
    Originally posted by PWCCandidate View Post

Hmm I also wonder how many uncertified they'll be taking. I hope to start and complete Medic school before they take an uncertified class, so maybe that will help. I just want this job so much more than any other one. In my opinion it's one of the best departments in the nation.

Also, that's a great score. First written with Miami? I've heard it's harder than in previous processes. I just hope a 90 is high enough to get hired uncertified. If you don't mind me asking, do you know of many people that got above 90?
    This was my first written with Miami, although I only know one other person who got above a 90 and I know about 20 people who took the test. Most test scores were 80?s with a few 70?s.

Leave a comment:

• PWCCandidate
    replied
    Originally posted by AspiringFire24 View Post
    I know people that were hired with less than a 90. I got a 95, higher than anyone I know that took the test. Most were 80?s.
    Hmm I also wonder how many uncertified they'll be taking. I hope to start and complete Medic school before they take an uncertified class, so maybe that will help. I just want this job so much more than any other one. In my opinion it's one of the best departments in the nation.

Also, that's a great score. First written with Miami? I've heard it's harder than in previous processes. I just hope a 90 is high enough to get hired uncertified. If you don't mind me asking, do you know of many people that got above 90?
    Last edited by PWCCandidate; 12-02-2018, 08:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AspiringFire24
    replied
    I know people that were hired with less than a 90. I got a 95, higher than anyone I know that took the test. Most were 80?s.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X