Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Indianapolis Fire Department 2018 Hiring Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indianapolis Fire Department 2018 Hiring Process

INDIANAPOLIS FIRE DEPARTMENT IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM APRIL 30TH THROUGH JUNE 1ST 2018.

https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/...-0/firefighter

Hello! Anyone else taking the written coming up at the end of the month? I?ve got mine at 5:00 June 26th. Any info on the test or interview would be appreciated! Good luck!

Comment

I've got written in a couple of weeks. Curious to know what the hiring process is like as well.

Comment

I also have applied. I take the written in the 25th. I have not heard much about this process. Normally there is a lot of talk on here when IFD is hiring but not much this time around so far.

Comment

Just with some of the research I've done, it appears that the last cycle of interviews kinda threw people off. I'd love to hear some info on a general idea what to expect there. I imagine the test will be pretty tradition. The IFD website said 200-250 questions with 2.5 hours to complete. I was shocked when I read how many applicants the city had in 2016 also. Only around 1300 total. I tested Chicago back in 2014 and they had nearly 30,000 apply.

Comment

i have tested in the past. The written is really not that hard in my opinion. But I have not made it past the interview stage. From what I recall they normally take the top 200-250 from the interviews and then make there final selections after the cpat. I?m really looking forward to this process. I?m currently in a few others in the Indy area but IFD is my dream job

Comment

Same here, I've been in the emergency services field for a few years and Indy has really stood out to me. It looks like an amazing department with a lot of great opportunities. I've done well on all of my past written exams, but I'm still not very confident in my interview skills. I also am in the process for another Indy area department. Best of luck to you Wfd2192

Comment

What is it that you guys think makes it so special?

Comment

Honestly a lot of it for me has come straight form their Facebook page. They're very active in the community and are always running different types of calls. The opportunity to work in 43 different stations and in very different neighborhoods is also inviting. I've always wanted to be on a larger city department, and being from the Midwest Chicago and Indy were the first two obvious choices. Indy is also still on the rise according to a lot of city ratings I've come across. Tons of other reasons as well, opportunities to become a technician such as Hazmat or Rope rescue as well a Urban Search and Rescue. Plus just personal preference.

Comment

I am scheduled to test on the 26th as well. From what I?ve heard the written is fairly easy and that people really only trip themselves up on the personality questions. Is anyone using study materials such as the NFSI enhanced study guide or those like firetest.com?s stuff? Best of luck to you all!

Comment

I test the 25th. I have always thought the test was pretty easy in the past. I?ve taken it twice. I have used the study guide as well as some other written test prep books to help me prepare. A lot of people pass the written and move on to interviews normally. Has anyone heard how many applied and how many they?re looking to hire?

Comment

I heard a rumor that they were looking to hire 30 pretty early on, but that's just a rumor. Reading past forums about the hiring process, it sounds like it varies a lot. They have guys who retire early without any sort of notice and some guys leave for higher spots at other departments. Other thing I am curious about is how the possible merging of Pike township FD with IFD would affect this list. Nothing had been made concrete, but I read a few weeks ago that they were in talks. I haven't heard a number on applicants, but I know the max they've gotten in the past has been around 2000. Last cycle they only had 1250 or so test. As far as prep goes, I've done well on my written exams in the past, but I'm still trying to keep up on some of the material. Interviews have been trouble for me so far. I'm new to the testing process, but the two interviews I've had so far didn't seem to go well. It's a different animal than any other interview I've been a part of. Wfd2192 Have you made it onto any of their lists in the past, or is it a you don't know where you rank until they call type of thing?

Comment

About 1800 applied, and rumors has the first class off the list starting January or February. The department is already short on personnel and still will be after the last two classes hired.
                          i wouldn't worry about the talk of Pike merger, it's only in the talking stages at this point. They are also short on staffing.

Also they never release your rank on the list. They may tell you how many people move on to each stage but that's it.

As far as the interview goes last time around it was 15 questions and 20 minutes. You were given 15 mins to prepare answers for the first 3 questions. You will sit in front of one Firefighter who will record your answers using a laptop. It will be listened to and scored later on by a panel of Firefighters.
                          Last edited by MeKy91; 06-23-2018, 09:26 AM.

Comment

I personally cpdano have not made it to the final steps, I unfortunately never make it past the interview. My interviewing skill suck. I?ve been working to improve that. I didn?t participate in the last hiring process. I like you am curious as to what?s going to happen with pike but I?m staying optimistic. I?m currently in pikes process as well. I was surprised when I heard they were talking about consolidating but it?s still very early in that as well so we?ll just have to wait and see what happens. Good luck to all those taking the test in the next couple days.

Comment

Good to know MeKy91 I feel like that is a little less nerve racking that sitting in the center of an empty room in front of 3-5 people. For sure a different take on the interview than i've been exposed to. The Interview is as far as I have gotten as well Wfd2192 I'm not on Pikes list, but good luck with them! As far as the interviewing goes, I've been using some of the Tomorrow's firefighter videos, and they seem to be helping a little. I haven't interviewed since I started using them though, so who knows how improved I actually am.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X