Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Seattle Fire 2018 Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seattle Fire 2018 Test

Seattle Fire will open up the application process for the 2018 testing cycle on/around : 4/17-6/12. Testing will be held from 4/20-6/23.You can see testing and open application window overlap. This is a NEW test that Seattle is offering. Details will be coming out. I've been told the new test provider offers a video type test. I don't have any more info for you than that. The good news is that you can register soon AND you have a lot more flexibility on when and where to take the exam. There will be more details coming out, but most likely written test will have a P/F threshold (not Fact--my intuition). Oral Board make up and scoring hasn't been explained to me yet. As soon as I know, I will spread the word.

There should be written test and oral board orientations. Remember this is a totally new process to Seattle, so as details emerge I will attempt to clarify. This test will establish a register sometime in 2018 to be used to start hiring for the new year in 2019 (expect Feb. 2019 to be the first class hired off of this list). Seattle is hiring heaps of Firefighters at the moment. I expect 120 to be hired off of this list, even if they only say 60-80, as funding hasn't been secured yet. The Chief of the department has let it be known SFD will be in a hiring push for the foreseeable future. Please hold off on sending me PMs. This is all the info I currently have. Feel free to place questions in the forum. I try to differentiate from fact and opinion on this stuff. Please try to do the same.

When all the details are out there, I will share them and feel free to let the questions fly.

Best of luck to all.
    Last edited by GRNFT; 03-07-2018, 06:21 PM.

Thanks for the information. When do you think the website will be updated with the new testing details?

Comment

Probably very soon. I spoke with HR yesterday. They are working a ton of OT to get some new systems on line right now, and I know getting this info out ASAP is high on their list.

Comment

In your first post, you mention more flexibility in regards to where you can take the exam. Are you referring to multiple locations within the Seattle area or as in out of state also? Thanks again!

Comment

I believe it will only be in the State of Washington at this time.

Comment

May as well apply.

does Seattle fire transport or does a 3rd party do that? Emt-b required at time of hire I imagine?

Comment

Only transport ALS. EMT-B required at time of hire

Comment

Cool. Will testing locations be all over Washington or just Seattle area?

Comment

Looking forward to this process.

Comment

Ok. So here's the straight poop going forward. Expect the email blast to come out from SFD on Monday announcing the process and the test window. Make sure to check your spam/trash folders. If you haven's signed up, do so via seattle.gov/fire or seattlefirejobs.com

The test is the FIRETEAM test. Yes, the one and only. You will be able to start signing up in mid April and you must take the test by June 23 at one of NTN's Washington sites. WA only. It will be offered all over the state, so if you can get to PDX (Vancouver) or Spokane you can take it without having to come to Seattle.

When you register, you will sign up for your test date. Do not miss your test date or you will be no showed and done with the process. It is FREE. As are any tutorial sessions you come to in Seattle.

You can pay the NTN fee to take a practice test on their web site. Up to you.

When you register, you will be sent a link to the WAQ. Be honest and true to yourself on this. This will be 35% of your score. The FireTEAM test on site portion will have Mechanical Reasoning, Reading, Math, and Human Relations. MR, Reading and Math are P/F. HR is 50% of your score. You must pass all 5 sections of the test to move on to oral boards. Your Oral Board will be 15% of your test. They will then create the register by roughly Sep 2018, for RC 110 to go in Feb 2019.

Once the register is established, the top 25% plus one for each spot to be hired will be considered. You will perform pre-employment screening and pre-psych. Those who pass that part will be considered for hire. Chief Scoggins and his leadership staff will meet with the top candidates and those offered a conditional offer will do CPAT, med, psych and background.

A limited number of candidates will be offered EMT class. That is not a conditional offer of employment. If possible, I would make every effort to get EMT on my own.

Only the results of your SFD Fireteam test will be accepted. If you take it for another department, you can't use that score for SFD. Your SFD test score is not allowed to be used for any other dept and you will NOT be told your score, only if you passed or not.

Current RC has 34 in it. They are trying to plus up August class as well.

For those on active duty or reserve/guard on EAD during the testing process, you MUST sign up for the program and do the WAQ in the registration window, even if you can not be here to take the test in the April-June window. The city of Seattle will work with you upon return from deployment etc...to make all accomodations to get you tested. Just because you are unable for operational reasons to attend a test in the Apr-Jun window, you are still eligible for this list.

Please Please Please Read all of this info and ask your ??? here on this forum before sending me a PM. I get inundated with them and half of them have the answers in the material.

If you are a vet you will get your Vets Preference with your DD-214.

Comment

Thank you for the info. Hope I can make it up to test this year.

Comment

Fireteam? I'm out lol. That test sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Boize208 View Post
                          Fireteam? I'm out lol. That test sucks.
                          im not a fan of the test but don?t give up. The mechanical portions jacks me up. Looking forward to this recruitment.

Comment

I hate that test too! Idk why the mechanical portion is so difficult? I?ve never had trouble with mechanical aptitude in the past, I?m not sure what I?m missing.
                            In Loving Memory of Paramedic Doug Odgers
                            8.18.87-5.8.11
                            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by terrible one View Post
                              I hate that test too! Idk why the mechanical portion is so difficult? I?ve never had trouble with mechanical aptitude in the past, I?m not sure what I?m missing.
                              My mech score went from 65% to 83%

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X