No announcement yet.

Cincinnati OH 2018 Firefighter Hiring Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why happens during the physical? A standard physical or one like you will get at you me doctor that draws blood and everything?

Comment

If it?s like the one I got from the sheriffs office it was just a simple physical. Eye test, hearing, etc. I don?t remember them drawing blood. It?s probably the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Metro M View Post
        Why happens during the physical? A standard physical or one like you will get at you me doctor that draws blood and everything?
        While I've obviously not done the CFD physical, id imagine its like most FD physicals. you have your standard health screening, a pulmonary function test, and a stress test. All results need to come back within NFPA range of normal. I dont know about CFD but generally there's a psych screening as well.

Comment

For the sheriffs office I had to do a psych, but I didn?t see anything in the description of this hiring process that mentioned a psych, only a physical screening. I guess we?ll find out though!

Comment

There's also a chest x-ray i believe, to make sure that your lungs are in good shape for full mask breathing apparatus.

Comment

When I did my fingerprints/dropped off my paper work they told me they should be reaching out in about a month.

Comment

Thanks KN19D, i received the same information.

Comment

This is a question for those who have gone to background and dropped off their LORs.

Were either of your Letter of Recommendation signed electronically or were they signed in ink? I?m asking because one of mine came via email and I?m wondering if I should make the drive to his house to get a hard copy. Thanks in advanced!

Comment

My letters of recommendation were just signed electronically and the lady that accepted my paperwork looked over everything and said it was all good to go, so I?m assuming you don?t need your LORs signed in ink.

Comment

Hey quick question, let's say you got the job offer for the class that's supposed to start in Feburary but couldn't accept it not because you didnt want the job but because you wouldn't be able to move to Cincinnati in time to start. Would you be thrown out of consideration for the rest of the potential classes after the first or would you still be considered again?

Comment

Yea I?m not sure. I?m still wondering if you get passed up on for the first academy, do they consider hiring you for the second academy or are you out completely?

Comment

Originally posted by VCN2018 View Post
                          Hey quick question, let's say you got the job offer for the class that's supposed to start in Feburary but couldn't accept it not because you didnt want the job but because you wouldn't be able to move to Cincinnati in time to start. Would you be thrown out of consideration for the rest of the potential classes after the first or would you still be considered again?
                          From what I saw in the thread for the 2015 recruit class is that they allow you a month to move within the specify limits. So Im not sure if thats the case this time around or not.

Comment

The anticipation is real. KN19D that's what I got out of reading all of the 2015 hiring threads as well.

Comment

Lol yeah thats what I gathered to. It sucks sitting there waiting day after day for a call that may never come.. I did my fingerprints on the 6th, and the lady said theyll be reaching out in a month OR SO. Idk if I can take 2 months of this lol

Comment

Originally posted by AllAmerican92 View Post
                                Lol yeah thats what I gathered to. It sucks sitting there waiting day after day for a call that may never come.. I did my fingerprints on the 6th, and the lady said theyll be reaching out in a month OR SO. Idk if I can take 2 months of this lol
                                Haha same I went in on the 5th. I wouldnt expect anyone to hear anything until the first week of December at the earliest. This has definitely been a long process. Hang in there!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X