Cincinnati OH 2018 Firefighter Hiring Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FFDtower337 View Post
    Anyone still waiting to do their polygraph?
    A friend of mine has his scheduled for 10/26

Comment

Anyone hear anything after their polygraph yet?

Comment

Yup, I just got an email earlier today with my appointment for my background check. November 8th

Comment

Yes, background checks will begin November 5th

Comment

Does anyone know if you have to live in Cincinnati to attend the academy?

Comment

Originally posted by Jadkins2131 View Post
              This is how the application reads

Residency: There is no residency requirement to apply for this exam. However, appointees as Fire Recruits must reside within Hamilton County Ohio or within any county that is adjacent to Hamilton County Ohio that is in or outside the State of Ohio by the date of appointment and maintain residency
              Last edited by KN19D; 10-28-2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FFDtower337 View Post
                Yes, background checks will begin November 5th
                I just received my email yesterday well! Were getting close good luck everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Jadkins2131 View Post
                  Yes you have to live in Hamilton or a surrounding county. Which i believe is claremount, butler, and warren in ohio; boone, kenton, and cambell in kentucky.

Comment

Does anyone know how many are getting backgrounds? Is it just the ones who passed the polygraph?

Comment

Does anyone know if there have been any appeals yet? Where do we find them?

Comment

An FYI update, polygraphs are still being conducted. The recruit class does not have a definite start date yet but it must start by 2/17/2019 due to using SAFER grant money. The class will have 40 recruits.

Comment

I have a general question that any can answer, but I?m going to direct it towards CarnyTheKid because he seems to be the one with all the information. Let?s say that you are considered for the first academy and they pass up on you. When they start deciding which recruits will be hired for the next academy do they reconsider hiring you, or once they have passed up on you, you?re finished?Thank you to anyone who takes the time to answer my question!

Comment

Thanks CarnyTheKid for the update. I do fingerprints today, does anyone know what the process is after the fingerprints and background? Also good luck to everyone in the process.

Comment

Yeah my fingerprinting is tomorrow. I believe next would be a conditional offer, then you would meet with a doctor for a physical/inspection and that would be pretty much it. And I?m reposting my earlier question because of all the ???s that I accidently put in it.

I have a general question that any can answer, but I?m going to direct it towards CarnyTheKid because he seems to be the one with all the information. Let?s say that you are considered for the first academy and they pass up on you. When they start deciding which recruits will be hired for the next academy do they reconsider hiring you, or once they have passed up on you, you?re finished?

Comment

Okay I?m not sure what happen because I?m typing it right, but when the forum posts it, it exchanges my epostrophees with question marks.. weird

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X