No announcement yet.

Cincinnati OH 2018 Firefighter Hiring Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is this not a 2 year list? Looking at the list posted on Cincinnati's city website and at the top of the page it says: "Date list expires: list may be used on or before one year from first hire date."

Comment

That's what it is looking like. Now that the list is out, has anybody been called already for polygraphs? And how many will they do, still 25%?

Comment

Just got my polygraph scheduled. Im definitely nervous and feeling it. Is it just me or does the hiring process so far seem to be moving really fast?

Comment

So I ranked relatively high (Top 15) but I still havent gotten a call or email to schedule the poly. Would it be safe to assume Im not moving forward?

Comment

Poly is scheduled. Good luck everyone!

Comment

Have my Poly scheduled!!! Pretty nervous about it but hopefully it goes well.

Comment

Just looking to see how high on the list they have contacted for thr poly graphs? I have heard low 220's

Comment

How long after the poly before they start making calls?

Comment

I'm no expert but my understanding through what I've read is in order to send the candidates to Chief Winston for the selection of the class they need to achieve a certain number of eligible candidates. Generally it's X amount of candidates to the number of potential hires. while I dont know how many candidates that is, 5 is pretty standard and would make sense as that would mean approximently 200 candidates to a 40 recruit class. While at the poly I was told they could poly approximately 8 candidates a day which is at least 25 days of polygraphs in order to just reach the minimim number of candidates. Now add in that every failed poly means they need to polygraph another candidate and in the meantime candidates that have failed can appeal the results to the civil service commision which must be heard prior to hiring to avoid improperly skipping over that candidate. Unfortunately the civil service commision only meets once every 2 weeks so that will take some time. Finally the Chief will need time to consider the candidates before they start making conditionals. All in all it's going to be a while. I feel your anxiety but hang on tight, it'll take a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by FFDtower337 View Post
                      I'm no expert but my understanding through what I've read is in order to send the candidates to Chief Winston for the selection of the class they need to achieve a certain number of eligible candidates. Generally it's X amount of candidates to the number of potential hires. while I dont know how many candidates that is, 5 is pretty standard and would make sense as that would mean approximently 200 candidates to a 40 recruit class. While at the poly I was told they could poly approximately 8 candidates a day which is at least 25 days of polygraphs in order to just reach the minimim number of candidates. Now add in that every failed poly means they need to polygraph another candidate and in the meantime candidates that have failed can appeal the results to the civil service commision which must be heard prior to hiring to avoid improperly skipping over that candidate. Unfortunately the civil service commision only meets once every 2 weeks so that will take some time. Finally the Chief will need time to consider the candidates before they start making conditionals. All in all it's going to be a while. I feel your anxiety but hang on tight, it'll take a bit.
                      Do you get the results right after the polygraph?

Comment

I did not, my examiner specifically said that they can't tell you the results of the exam and to remain patient. I'm sure you have the same question I do, but I have no clue how or when or if someone is informed if they passed. If you fail the poly or some portion of the background you'll be informed you've been removed from the eligibility list I'd assume since there is an appeal process. Did you receive your results?
                        Last edited by FFDtower337; 09-24-2018, 06:48 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

That would make sense considering the option of a appeal. I havent taken mine yet Im scheduled to later this week.

Comment

Would anyone happen to know how many they put through a class and how long the class is? Have my poly scheduled Oct 3

Comment

I've read that the average recruit class is 40 members, but that is always open to the Chief and budgetary requirments. As far as I'm aware the date for this first class has not been announced but CarnyTheKid (they know more about this process then anyone else) indicated that the perspective date will be in early 2019. Recruit training is approximently 6 months regardless of certification level at time of highering.

Comment

Anyone still waiting to do their polygraph?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X