Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That’s awesome! Yes it’s in state but not in county

Comment

• Did any ask about when we will receive our uniforms?

Comment

• Anyone have any clue where we will be meeting Monday morning? The handbook says we are to meet in the drill yard at the fire college every morning for PT, but the email from our classmate stated we would be wearing business casual if our uniforms aren’t in, so I would imagine that’s not where we will be meeting

Comment

• I believe that IS where we are to meet. In the corner of Lynn and Liberty.

I think Justin Moore just nominated himself for class president….what do y’all think….?

Comment

• Lol that sounds good to me. And are you saying we are to meet in the drill yard based off the handbook or based on other info you’ve heard?? It be nice to hear something solid from them lol

Comment

• Based on the hand book and that email. I believe that’s where we will meet every morning. I don’t think not having our uniforms will change where we’ll meet. So I’d plan on it. I’m sure we’ll get one more email by the end of the week. I
              can’t wait to get our asses kicked!!!

Comment

• You’ll meet everyday in the drill yard (29s house) on the corner of liberty and lynn

Comment

• Thanks for clarifying FFMAN.
                  Did y’all get the email today? Which one of you keeps bugging Captain Arnold? lol

Comment

• Lol it’s not me! Maybe it’s the “class president”, just out of curiosity, how much have y’all been running?

Comment

• Good luck to everyone starting drill school Monday. Enjoy your time while there as it's very exciting when beginning your career. There will be a lot of times it physically sucks and you will be worn out. But you won't get this type of in depth training again for the remainder of your career with the city. You will form bonds with your classmates that you will carry everywhere you go throughout your career. It's always good to see a classmate when you travel throughout the department in the beginning. For everyone but especially those that are already in the fire service, drill school is a right of passage. It does not matter what you already know or have already learned, you must go through this like everyone else, we all did. Use what you already know to your advantage by being able to perform the skills with ease but MOST importantly helping your fellow classmates that are just learning. Lead by example and not by showing off. Learn the history of your department (cfdhistory.com). Take pride in your job, take pride in learning and knowing as much as you can. A retired DC once told a group of new firefighters, when you're new it's ALWAYS your turn. It's always your turn to carry heavy equipment, clean, put up ladders, take them down and so on. All of you should compete with one another to do work. Trust me it will make your life just a little easier while in drill school. See you on the companies!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X