No announcement yet.

Cincinnati OH 2018 Firefighter Hiring Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright men, I volunteered and contacted Erica Burkes because I want to give my employer as much notice as possible and she stated that we will receive official offers once she has received results from EHS. So apparently we are still waiting on EHS. Idk if they plan to send them all over at once or on an individual basis.

Comment

• I think they want us to all have the same hire date so they’re just waiting for everyone to get their PFT out of the way. They’re giving out the recruit handbook at gear fitting so at this point I think it’s safe to assume we’re good to go.

Comment

• I hope you’re right, because someone posted on here that their PFT is the 27th, the 28th is when a 2 week notice would be due so hopefully we will know by then for sure!

Comment

• Amy at EHS called me and pushed up my PFT to tomorrow. I think a couple other people may have scheduled it for Monday the 24th. They are trying to get them all done ASAP. So hopefully we will hear something by the end of next week.
          What did the PFT entail? Was it clear that you passed before you left?
          It seems like if any of us had any issues we would have heard something by now.
          I gave my notice to my employer a while ago, Just do what you feel is right.

Comment

• For the PFT all you do is take a deep breath and blow as hard as you can into a device they have hooked up to a computer. You do that three good times and you’re done. I was in and out within 10 minutes and they told me my results right there.

Comment

• Looks like another day of hurry up and wait!

Comment

• Have you guys read through the handbook yet? If so what kind of black leather shoes are you getting? I’m not sure if I’m going to get boots or shoes, but whatever it is I think we have to shine them

Comment

• Originally posted by Bcm513 View Post
                  Looks like another day of hurry up and wait!
                  Welcome to the city

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBorn92 View Post
                    Have you guys read through the handbook yet? If so what kind of black leather shoes are you getting? I’m not sure if I’m going to get boots or shoes, but whatever it is I think we have to shine them
                    Don’t get patent leather. Some recruits do this because of the shine and to look good. They will just get ruined. Get an all black shoe or boot with or without a zipper that can be polished. Make sure there are no logos such as all black “Nike” or any name brand logo on them. Your first few weeks you will be doing a lot of two minute drills which is putting on all of your gear and breathing air in under two minutes. Shoes or boots that can be taken off easily and quickly are useful.

Comment

• I'm assuming nobody has heard anything or recieved a call yet?

Comment

• That’s a negative

Comment

• Same here, big negative

Comment

• I have a feeling we are not going to hear anything until Friday about 5 o'clock lol anyone else going crazy waiting?

Comment

• Yeah it’s kinda insane to because a 2 week notice would need to be given on Friday.. so hopefully they don’t do that to us

Comment

• Yea it sucks. I took vacation this week because if I didn't use it I would lose it and haven't been able to enjoy it at all cause I'm waiting everyday to hopefully find something out.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X