X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://results.votehamiltoncountyoh...#/detail/44353

Still early but so far so good!

Comment

• It’s around 1,700 in favor right now while around 4,500 against the amendment. We’ll be good.

Comment

• 24,441 against and 9,034 for with 99% reporting. Looks like class 118 is a go. See you guys June 14th!

Comment

• Does anyone know if our class is funded by the SAFER grant or if it’s from the City’s budget? Also can you fail a respirator fit test?

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBorn92 View Post
            Does anyone know if our class is funded by the SAFER grant or if it’s from the City’s budget? Also can you fail a respirator fit test?
            From my understanding our class will be city funded with the hope of the next class being SAFER funded.
            Last edited by KN19D; 05-06-2021, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know if our class is funded by the SAFER grant or if it’s from the City’s budget? Also can you fail a respirator fit test?
              Sorry misread your question. You can’t fail a respirator fit test it’s just a test to see what size SCBA mask works best for you.

Comment

• Okay so pretty much we are safe to notify our current jobs that we will be leaving? I’m guessing there is nothing that will keep us from being employed by Cincinnati Fire Department at this point (I’m assuming the background check is strictly for criminal activity, which will be no issue)

Comment

• I feel pretty confident about it. I’ve given both my part time departments a notice that I’ll be leaving.

Comment

• Here’s a question for you boys (not sure if anyone would even know this). Our academy is funded by the City, the next academy will likely be funded by a SAFER grant. I believe that if a department uses the SAFER grant, they aren’t allowed to layoff members of that academy for 5 years. However I believe in the union contract between the city and the fire department, they have to do layoffs based on seniority. So my question is, if the city had to do layoffs and the academy after us is funded by the SAFER grant would the city be allowed to violate the union contract and lay us off, while keeping the academy members after us employed?

Comment

Here’s a question for you boys (not sure if anyone would even know this). Our academy is funded by the City, the next academy will likely be funded by a SAFER grant. I believe that if a department uses the SAFER grant, they aren’t allowed to layoff members of that academy for 5 years. However I believe in the union contract between the city and the fire department, they have to do layoffs based on seniority. So my question is, if the city had to do layoffs and the academy after us is funded by the SAFER grant would the city be allowed to violate the union contract and lay us off, while keeping the academy members after us employed?
                      This has been asked within the fire department in the past. There is nothing in the contract that establishes a lay-off procedure. It references the Ohio revised code which requires based on seniority. So no they can’t skip a class because of safer. What that means for you is, hope they next class is safer and then you’re sitting fine. But layoffs outside of some charter vote like we just had aren’t going to happen. We are already between 60-70 positions short. We will have a class from the late 80s through the entire 90s nearly every year for more than the next decade. There will be retirements going on year after year. So even if a budget crunch should happen, they will be able to reduce the workforce through attrition.

Comment

• I got my background check today!
                        Counting down the days.

Comment

• Does anyone know if or when we will hear something? And what comes next besides the uniform/respirator fit testing? I’m trying to be patient but I’m too excited because we’re only a month out!

Comment

• I was told no news is good news. I still haven’t taken my pulmonary function test. That’s scheduled for the 27th. Maybe we’ll get a formal email shortly after everyone is confirmed for the class. Who wants to call Erika Burks and ask lol?

Comment

• The names for the class are picked. They are already preparing materials for the first day. Class begins June 14, 2021. If you have no prior certifications it will end January 7, 2022. If you already have your EMT or Paramedic certification, the fire portion ends in November. In years past they have allowed these recruits to start working on the companies at that point in time.

Comment

• So if we were disqualified for any reason we would have been notified by now? I.E. if you haven’t heard anything go ahead and notify your current employer that you’ll be leaving

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X