No announcement yet.

Cincinnati OH 2018 Firefighter Hiring Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone get results from EHS yet? I got an email about fitting for uniforms and a start date but nothing about physical/drug screening results yet.

Comment

• If you have a “MyChart” account you can see everything that was done outside of the actual physical itself. I seen my chest X-ray results and stress test results via the app. I believe everyone got that same email today.

Comment

• No news is good news lol I don’t think they’ll wait until the last min to eliminate anyone, we’ve all done physicals and drug tests at this point. If it was a problem you would’ve known by now. Don’t sweat it!

Comment

• Right on. It’s nice to have some official dates. I hope everyone is staying in shape! I’m counting down the days! I look forward to meeting everyone.

Comment

• Does anyone know if we’ll have any physical fitness standards? Like will we have to run a mile and a half in a certain amount of time during the academy, or have any other physical fitness standards that we have to meet?

Comment

• No physical standards. You will PT every morning for about 30-60 minutes depending what you do.

Comment

• Okay thanks! Here’s another question for you. The email stated that the academy would be between 22-30 weeks long. A two month difference is pretty big.. what determines whether it’s 22, 30 or some where in between amount of weeks?

Comment

• Fire portion is 22 weeks. If you’re already a medic or emt you’ll go out to the companies then. If your not an emt you got 8 more weeks.

Comment

• Okay thank you for the info!

Comment

• Lol ONE LAST QUESTION: Do you come off of probation one year from academy graduation, or one year from the start of the academy?

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBorn92 View Post
                        Lol ONE LAST QUESTION: Do you come off of probation one year from academy graduation, or one year from the start of the academy?
                        Your probation starts the day you are hired and lasts for one year. At the one year mark they have the option of extending it for six more months if you don't meet your probationary requirements. FFs on the CFD get confused by this because of our pay scale. When you are hired in drill school you get recruit pay which in our contract is labeled FF-R(Recruit). When you graduate drill school you get a pay raise to what is called FF-PR(Probationary) which lasts for an entire year. This is just the terminology used for the contract purposes and confuses people to how probation works. Technically you CAN be on probation for that entire year after drill school if you don't manage to meet your probationary obligations in the six months after drill school. And as I am sure everyone wants to know "What is the pay"? Here is what you will make in drill school:

Drill School pay is equal to 44,867.55 per year or 1,725.68 biweekly before your pension, taxes, and insurance are taken out. Plus you receive a "recruit certification which is an extra 44.87 per pay.

Since drill school will graduate either in December or near there, all sworn FFs will receive a 4% raise on 12/12/2021. Lucky everyone in drill school.

So the FF-PR pay scale with the 4% raise is 61,594.26 per year. Plus your FF-PR cert pay of 1,539.86. You will receive either EMT or Paramedic cert pay based on which certification you carry at the time. So if you are an EMT out of drill school you will get another 3,111.25 per year. If you were already a paramedic you will get paramedic pay 7,785.63. So on graduation of drill school EMTS will get a raise to 66,245.37. Paramedics get a raise to 70,919.75.

Comment

• Wow! Thank you for this information! I just saw something alarming.. it appears that if the affordable housing act passes this month, they will be laying off 45 firefighters. I thought that if it passed they were going to do brownouts to just eliminate overtime. That’s extremely scary as I have a family to provide for and can’t afford to be laid off.

Comment

• Originally posted by CincyBorn92 View Post
                            Wow! Thank you for this information! I just saw something alarming.. it appears that if the affordable housing act passes this month, they will be laying off 45 firefighters. I thought that if it passed they were going to do brownouts to just eliminate overtime. That’s extremely scary as I have a family to provide for and can’t afford to be laid off.
                            Well this goes to vote May 4. You will know long before you start drill school if this passes. They won’t start a drill school if they’re in that bad of financial shape. Also we are already short nearly 60 firefighters. While I hope it doesn’t pass, if it does I don’t know that they would have to lay any firefighters off. They would stop paying the 20-30 overtime people we have per day and brown out 5-8 companies a day. That issue is terrible for any general fund department which Fire is in. But you’ll know your answer before you’ve started working in drill school.

Comment

• Check your emails! I self scheduled my background check today. I'm assuming that means everything checked out with the health physical.

Don't forget to get out and vote today or tomorrow!
                              See y'all soon!

Comment

• Don’t believe it’s gonna pass guys. Tried posting the live election results not copying correctly.
                                Last edited by Doneghy; 05-04-2021, 08:06 PM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X