No announcement yet.

Cincinnati OH 2018 Firefighter Hiring Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the written exam weighed into the final score? Is it pass/fail?

Comment

Has anybody got an email if they are moving on to physical agility?

Comment

Nothing yet

Comment

Not yet still waiting

Comment

Passed the written. Anybody know how many took the test or how many passed?

Comment

Does the list come out after the agility test? And what?s the odds of being high on the list and
              not getting picked?

Comment

Originally posted by Metro M View Post
                Does the list come out after the agility test? And what?s the odds of being high on the list and
                not getting picked?
                The list comes out after the oral interviews, I'm pretty certain. And as far as how they select candidates from the list, its a little confusing. Here's an explanation of it I copied from the 2015 forum:

It works like this. Candidates ranked 1,2,3 are considered for spot number one. They choose number 1. Candidates 2 and 3 now get a check mark next to there name. For spot number 2 they now look at candidates number 2,3,4. They choose number 3. Candidate number 2 gets a second check mark and number 4 gets their first check mark. For spot number 3 they now look at candidates 2,4,5. They choose number 5. Candidate number 2 has been considered three times and not chosen for a job, he is no longer eligible for a job and is removed from the selection pool. Candidate number 4 now receives his second check mark. For spot number 4 they now look at candidates 4,6,7. They choose number 6. Candidate number 4 is now removed from the selection pool after being considered three times and not selected. For spot number 5 they now look at candidates 7,8,9. This process is repeated down the list until all spots are selected. This is how you can score high on the list but not get a job.

The answer I don't have is how many candidates are considered per round. They can look at 10 per round and move down the list very quickly. Other thing to note is when they make the lists they can still find things about people that disqualify them.

Comment

Has anyone done their interview yet? Mine is on Friday and I'm a little nervous about it. Just looking for some tips or advice on what to expect?

Comment

I have my interview Friday as well, any pointers would very well appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHawkDown View Post
                      I have my interview Friday as well, any pointers would very well appreciated
                      I actually talked to a buddy of mine who had his interview today. If you took the test in 2015 and got to the interviews, it's basically going to be the same set up. They'll bring you in and give you 10-15 minutes to look over about 6 scenario style questions on a piece of paper. You then go into another room with 2 interviewers and go through each question and give your answers and that's pretty much it. Hope this helps, good luck!

Comment

I had my interview on Tuesday. I think it went well. So I know the list comes next. How long though?

Comment

Originally posted by Metro M View Post
                          I had my interview on Tuesday. I think it went well. So I know the list comes next. How long though?
                          I've heard late August or September

Comment

Originally posted by CJD View Post

I actually talked to a buddy of mine who had his interview today. If you took the test in 2015 and got to the interviews, it's basically going to be the same set up. They'll bring you in and give you 10-15 minutes to look over about 6 scenario style questions on a piece of paper. You then go into another room with 2 interviewers and go through each question and give your answers and that's pretty much it. Hope this helps, good luck!

I just seen this, thank you for the reply!

Has anyone heard anything back since the interviews?

Comment

Today it was announced that the City of Cincinnati was awarded a SAFER grant to hire 40 firefighters. As of right now the anticipated start date for the next recruit class would be in early 2019. Good luck to all!

Comment

Have my poly scheduled, a little nervous. What's after this?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X