Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pwillig85 View Post
    Any more news or rumors in the mill?
    Just waiting to see if the city gets the SAFER grant.

Comment

• Had someone I know that was hired in the first class reach out and say that they’ve started calling again. The OP of this forum came in and said that they were waiting for the SAFER grant so I went on the FEMA website and from what I could tell registration isn’t over until Feb 2021 so I’m assuming the city hasn’t heard anything from them yet. Can anyone confirm or deny that they’re calling? I checked to see if I’d received an email from the city, because the last we heard was they shut down the process and would let us know when and if it resumes. Didn’t have anything but wanting to check and make sure I didn’t miss an email or something.

Comment

• I also heard that they are planning on making calls soon. And that they have until February 6th to do so. I am unaware if those calls have started happening or not.
        Stay positive, stay healthy and keep your eyes on the prize. It will be an honor to be selected. Good luck everyone.

Comment

• I hate posting just rumors since the fire department is full of them. I do know the city does not want to do another hiring process for the next class. So be on the lookout as has already been posted for calls going to for a class to start later in the spring or summer. I am not aware that any calls have happened yet.

Comment

• This was posted in the city councils meeting agenda today

Comment

• Originally posted by KN19D View Post
              This was posted in the city councils meeting agenda today

Silent lurker here lol. How long before an action is taken on this motion? It has to be granted for the next class to move forward?

Comment

• Originally posted by Doneghy View Post

Silent lurker here lol. How long before an action is taken on this motion? It has to be granted for the next class to move forward?

To be honest I’m not sure what that timeline will look like. From the way the motion reads it sounds like they want it to happen ASAP and are working on getting some additional funding from the CARES act to help offset some cost.

Here’s the link for the full motion that helps to give a little bit more of an explanation: https://cincinnatioh.legistar.com/Vi...0-C2697090C4E5

Comment

• It would make sense that they would want to start ASAP because they have to make calls, sift through people who are still interested /moved on (I mean we started all of this over two years ago, I’m sure people have taken other positions, are no longer interested, or had life changes so it could take a while to get through even a short list) and do a physical prior to recruit class. All of which I’m sure 1) takes a decent amount of time anyway and 2) will probably be slowed down even more due to COVID precautions, etc.
                  Last edited by Md627; 01-31-2021, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Eligible list expires today. Has anyone gotten any phone calls?

Comment

• Don’t think anyone is getting called yet.
                      The department typically brings in a new class of nearly 40 firefighters every year – but in 2020, due to issues with the city’s budget, that didn’t happen. That, coupled with retirements, is causing a shortfall of nearly 50 firefighters.

Comment

• They’re holding another written exam next month.

Comment

• Yep, seems like list is done. It’s discouraging when you rank in the top 30 and make it all the way through the finger printing just to be skipped over. After three attempts for this department, I will not be trying again. Good luck to everyone though, would be a great place to work!
                          Last edited by Griestjq; 03-03-2021, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Griestjq View Post
                            Yep, seems like list is done. It’s discouraging when you rank in the top 30 and make it all the way through the finger printing just to be skipped over. After three attempts for this department, I will not be trying again. Good luck to everyone though, would be a great place to work!
                            Don’t get discouraged yet man. They are still selecting from the previous list so there is still a chance you could get in this round. If you look at the previous post with the meeting minutes they want a class to start this summer and another class to start beginning of 2022. In order for them to stay on target they have to start now. The process takes forever. They haven’t written off the 2018 list, but there will be some overlap so they can get the 118 class in and out and immediately start 119.

Comment

• I received an offer last week from the City. Did anyone else get a call?

Comment

• I got called also. Already scheduled my physical

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X