Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.firerescue1.com/legislat...oa03HeUSm08ja/

Comment

• Has anyone applied the city of St. Bernard?

Comment

• Heard a rumor that the city is scrapping our list. Anybody else heard anything similar?

Comment

• Yeah they have cancelled the upcoming class. Not sure what that means for the list

Comment

• Did they apply for the SAFER grant this year? And if they got it, I wonder if the class would be back on...

Comment

• Covid is still causing a financial setback for the hiring of a new class. The current eligibility list doesn’t expire until February 9th 2021

Comment

• Just heard they are trying to get some Covid relief money in order for a February class.

Comment

• Originally posted by FFMAN View Post
                  Just heard they are trying to get some Covid relief money in order for a February class.
                  Fingers crossed they get it and there is a second class. The wait and not knowing is killing me but I’m sure everyone else on this thread is feeling the same at this point. If not I guess I’ll see y’all next go round.

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything??

Comment

• I haven't heard anything since the April 1st email stating they were suspending the process and would send another email when it resumes.

Comment

• Same here. Hopefully soon they let us know one way or another.

Comment

• A class in May is the rumor

Comment

• So I will put some rumors to rest. There is no scheduled class at all. The city wants to get a Safer grant and use that money to hire off the current list before it expires. If they don’t receive that grant, the city will have to make a decision to still hire a class with their own money or wait down the road. Currently the city has between 15-25 overtime people per day. We are almost 50 spots below the authorized strength of 841. We also have had covid cause a lot of overtime due to a positive result causing a firefighter to be off for two weeks. Anyone still on the lists should pay attention to safer grant awards. If the city does not get an award, there is no known plan if they will still hire off the old list.
                            Last edited by CarnyTheKid; 11-29-2020, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarnyTheKid View Post
                              So I will put some rumors to rest. There is no scheduled class at all. The city wants to get a Safer grant and use that money to hire off the current list before it expires. If they don’t receive that grant, the city will have to make a decision to still hire a class with their own money or wait down the road. Currently the city has between 15-25 overtime people per day. We are almost 50 spots below the authorized strength of 841. We also have had covid cause a lot of overtime due to a positive result causing a firefighter to be off for two weeks. Anyone still on the lists should pay attention to safer grant awards. If the city does not get an award, there is no known plan if they will still hire off the old list.
                              I know there were some SAFER grant awards back in September. Do you know if award announcements only happen once a year?

Comment

• Any more news or rumors in the mill?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...