No announcement yet.

Cincinnati OH 2018 Firefighter Hiring Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im in the exact same boat. Its been a waiting game so far so Im just going to wait for an email or phone call.

Comment

• Yea I?m in the same boat to. I?m in the 50s and haven?t heard anything since they sent out the email stating that the first class was hired, and that they would begin reaching out when they decided when the second academy would start.

Comment

• I heard that the SAFER grant hasn't been recieved and do to the delay the next class may not start until next year.

Comment

• I was able to find this online, I posted the link to where I found it below. It also states that the SAFER grant is to remain available until Sep 30th 2019. So my assumption is they will have the announcements by/before then.

Impact of 2018-2019 Government Shutdown

Firefighter assistance grants were impacted by the partial government shutdown.FEMA personnel who administer the grants were furloughed. For all three grant programs (AFG, SAFER, and FP&S) the application and awards process was delayed. For the 2018 awards round, the application windows for AFG and FP&S closed in October and December 2018, respectively, but the processing of those applications could not move forward. The opening of the 2018 round application window for SAFER grants was also delayed.

For grants already awarded (in the 2017 and previous rounds), grant recipients periodically draw down funds, either to reimburse expenditures already incurred, or in immediate advance of those expenditures.14 Grant recipients were unable to draw down funds during the shutdown, which may have disrupted the ability of the grantees to continue grant-funded activities, including personnel costs covered by SAFER grant awards, which extend for three years. This disruption

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/homesec/RL33375.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by KN19D View Post
            I was able to find this online, I posted the link to where I found it below. It also states that the SAFER grant is to remain available until Sep 30th 2019. So my assumption is they will have the announcements by/before then.

Impact of 2018-2019 Government Shutdown

Firefighter assistance grants were impacted by the partial government shutdown.FEMA personnel who administer the grants were furloughed. For all three grant programs (AFG, SAFER, and FP&S) the application and awards process was delayed. For the 2018 awards round, the application windows for AFG and FP&S closed in October and December 2018, respectively, but the processing of those applications could not move forward. The opening of the 2018 round application window for SAFER grants was also delayed.

For grants already awarded (in the 2017 and previous rounds), grant recipients periodically draw down funds, either to reimburse expenditures already incurred, or in immediate advance of those expenditures.14 Grant recipients were unable to draw down funds during the shutdown, which may have disrupted the ability of the grantees to continue grant-funded activities, including personnel costs covered by SAFER grant awards, which extend for three years. This disruption

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/homesec/RL33375.pdf
            Great info. Thanks!

Comment

• Heard from a guy thats on the department that the city is waiting on a SAFER grant for next class. If they get it, then the next class should start around February and if they don't get it, it will be around june

Comment

• 1st round of SAFER grants has been announced. Cincinnati wasnt on this round but weekly announcements should continue on Fridays until all funds are awarded.

https://www.fema.gov/staffing-adequa...-grants-awards

Comment

• Cincinnati wasnt on the second round yesterday either.

Comment

• 4th round of the SAFER was announced with CFD still not getting awarded. At this point they’ve awarded $342m out of the $350m so I would say it’s unlikely. Hopefully they start to move forward with taking the steps for the City to fund the next class.

https://www.fema.gov/media-library-d...FERAwards.xlsx

Comment

• If the city doesn’t receive the safer grant this time around I believe they have to wait a full calendar year to bring in a new recruit class. I talked to a guy that I believe graduated with the 116 class and he said he’s not sure but he thinks that it might not start until next July if they don’t get the grant. Hopefully we don’t have to wait too long. Stay motivated and keep up on fitness. You never know when you’re gonna get called. Good luck everyone!

Comment

• Looks like they made the last round of announcements for the SAFER and CFD was not awarded.

Bummer, but hopefully now they can start to move forward on planning the dates for the next class.

Good luck everyone, the wait will be worth it.
                        Last edited by KN19D; 09-26-2019, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Anybody hear any news yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by CJD View Post
                            Anybody hear any news yet?
                            I haven’t heard anything but I just bought a house in Columbus so if they do call, I’ll be passing on the opportunity. Hang in there folks.

Comment

• Has anyone noticed a change in the application status on their governmentjobs.com profile?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pwillig85 View Post
                                Has anyone noticed a change in the application status on their governmentjobs.com profile?

Mine just shows “application revived”. Is yours showing something different?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X