No announcement yet.

Cincinnati OH 2018 Firefighter Hiring Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone received an offer for this next class?

Comment

• Comment

• The problem with Dayton is they force you to become a paramedic and if you don?t complete the training within 3 years they fire you, where as becoming a paramedic for cincy is optional and you get a raise.

Comment

• That?s not true about Dayton, at all, the EMS only personnel are civilian employees, they are not required to become a medic as since they are civilian, the city can not make them do so, the fire guys, who are civil service, have to sign an agreement stating that if the city seems it necessary, then they can be required to become a medic, but there is no time frame, and it is only as the needs of the department

Comment

• Oh I didnt know they have EMS only personnel so what youre saying is true as far as that Im sure, but the firefighters are required to become paramedics within 3 years. If you check forums discussing Dayton Fire Department, Dayton Firefighters state the fact that you have 3 years to become a paramedic. Also I have a good friend that has an uncle who is a captain for the department and he asked him if their firefighters are required to become paramedics within 3 years and he said yes (I had hoped that this had changed from the dates of the forum discussions but sadly it had not), for this reason I decided not to show up for Dayton?s Civil Service test.

Comment

• I had my poly around 2 weeks ago, nothing back yet. I?ll be sure to post once I hear anything

Comment

• BlackHawkDown dont hold your breath, I had my polygragh 2 months ago and still haven't heard anything.
                Last edited by CJD; 06-13-2019, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• CJD BlackHawkDown my polygraph was October 2018 and background check in November 2018. The last email I got from Cincinnati was in December 2018 stating that they had picked their recruits for the February 2019 class.
                  Last edited by RBC614; 08-07-2019, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RBC614 View Post
                    CJD BlackHawkDown my polygraph was October 2018 and background check in November 2018. The last email I got from Cincinnati was in December 2019 stating that they had picked their recruits for the February 2019 class.
                    Thats the same for me. From my understanding they can?t move forward with the next class selection until they secure funding from the SAFER grant for this year. Those award announcements still haven?t happened yet.
                    Last edited by KN19D; 06-13-2019, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Figured this was relevant.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BykyJJHg..._web_copy_link

This is Robert Anderson. Rob is a 34 year veteran of the Cincinnati Fire Dept. Rob has been a Fire Apparatus Operator for 31 of those 34 years. Rob is studying streets and hydrant location. Rob is retiring on July 9th. Again Rob is studying his streets and hydrant location. Let that sink in. BE LIKE ROB.

Comment

• Was in the 3rd class. The classes do not overlap. Class 117 will graduate mid July and then the non certs will go to Emt school for two months. I?m sure there will at least be two classes out of this list hopefully three. The ranks varied for my class one of the top ranked candidates was in my class so I don?t know how that system works.

Comment

• Good luck to everyone in the process! I have sat on the oral board and have seen the common pitfalls that close the door for the aspiring candidate. Feel free to message me if you would like help in the process. The resume needs to be clear, concise, tell a story and list achievements along with responsibilities. The panel has anywhere from 20 to 30 minutes to figure out if they want to work with you for the next 20 or 30 years.

Comment

• Is the residency required while in probie school?

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything about where they are with picking the next class?

Comment

• I've heard the next class might not be starting until January of 2020. Not sure how much truth there is to that. And yes I'm pretty sure the residency rule is a requirement before you can start probie school.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X