No announcement yet.

Cincinnati OH 2018 Firefighter Hiring Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a call today to schedule my polygraph for next week. I'm in the 260's on the list.

Comment

• Anyone know how cinci staffs their medics? Do they run two paramedics or 1 emt and 1 paramedic? How often do they rotate medic shifts? Any info would be appreciated.

Comment

• Idk if that?s good or bad for me, I?ve already done poly and background check, Hope I?m not getting passed over again, but good luck!

staffing: I did ride time with cinci in paramedic school, this was well like eight years ago but they switched to 12 or 13 medic units with a minimum of one paramedic on them, at the time they had paramedics permanently assigned to them, idk if it has changed since then, seemed if you weren?t assigned to it, you would do a shift a month on it, I do have a buddy that?s assigned to a ladder company for cinci, he?s a medic and has told me he rides the ambulance once a month

Comment

• I don?t think it?s a bad thing, they have to have a certain amount of people to consider for each class.. I heard it was 200 candidates. The eligibility list was from the initial test, so I?m sure people were kicked from the process that took place after the initial civil service test. So they probably had to finish enough people in the process to get back up to the 200 candidates (since 40 were hired by the fire department) they need to consider for each academy.

Comment

• As long as you weren?t kicked from the process by not passing a part of their hiring process, and you?re within the top 200 that are eligible to be hired, you will be considered for the next academy! So don?t fret! We still have a chance!

Comment

• Anybody know what happens after the poly? I took mine over 3 weeks ago and have yet to here anything back yet.

Comment

• After the poly is background. They?ll email you and say they need to reference letters and possibly some other info and have you fingerprinted. Whether they move forward with you or kick you from the process you should hear something

Comment

• Two* reference letters

Comment

• I did my polygraph in September and background check / reference letters in October of last year and haven?t heard anything since. Hopefully we get an update soon.

Comment

• I have my polygraph in 2 weeks? Iv never had one before.. can anyone tell me what to expect?

Comment

• So youll show up, and theyll give you a big packet to fill out. Itll have things in it like past crimes youve committed, drug use, work history, etc. Then youll go to a room with the polygraph guy that tests you and he goes over the packet with you, and youll get to explain anything you want. For example if in your packet you said you smoked marijuana, this would be the time youd say that you tried it once when you were a teenager and never did it again, or whatever your answer may be. After you go over your answers with the polygraph guy he will hook you up to a machine and ask you some questions from the packet. Thats pretty much it. The only advice I have is to be honest. Weve all made mistakes, just admit yours. They want people with the character to own up to what theyve done.

Comment

• Thank you for your response, I?m pretty excited for the opportunity to be able to head to the poly.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackHawkDown View Post
                            Thank you for your response, I?m pretty excited for the opportunity to be able to head to the poly.
                            Just out of curiosity, what number are you on the list?

Comment

• I?m guessing hes around the mid 200s. I believe they gotta have 200 candidates to consider for each academy and since they hired 40, they gotta add at least another 40 candidates

Comment

• A buddy of mine took his poly a couple weeks ago and he was in the lower 300's. Two other friends of mine were in the 50's and they haven't heard anything after turning in background packets.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X