Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Cincinnati OH 2018 Firefighter Hiring Process

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the same email, now we can just hope for the second class, hopefully we will all get to tackle that second academy together, good luck everyone, hears to waiting another 6-8 months, cheers

Comment

• Lol yeah I got the same email, good luck to all!

Comment

• One thing that was encouraging about their email was that it states that they will reach out once theyve set a date for the next academy (not when the first academy is drawing to a close) so 1) we could be hearing something within a few months sooner than we would have had they decided to wait until the first academy was ending and 2) doing it this way COULD allow them to possibly hire enough people for a 3rd academy since they arent necessarily waiting for the academy to be close to a conclusion before they reach out and make more offers! It would be great if they did 3 academies, as I believe earlier in the thread CarneyTheKid stated that they would probably do 2-3 a test.. the only thing that had us puzzled was the fact that the eligibility list was only good for 1 year from the first date of hire. Well even with that time limit it?s possible that they hire three academies worth should they set dates quickly enough!

Comment

• Yea, hopefully we will all see the next class, thanks for keeping all news posted and good luck in the future, see you guys in the 2nd class.

Comment

• They typically don?t set a date until after the current class graduates

Comment

• Ah that sucks.. hopefully they get don?t do that this time. I believe the old eligibility lists lasted 2 years from the first hire date.. now they only last for 1 year so hopefully they?re on top of things because of that and figure dates out ahead of time.. that would be amazing

Comment

• Okay men, a bit of new information has come my way (hopefully the information given was true). My dad ran into a Lt for the Cincy fire department and was talking to him about their recent hiring and stuff. This Lt told my dad that due to a larger amount of firefighters retiring than expected (apparently there is a program for retiring firefighters, where they still work, just a lot less than normal.. and instead of using this program to work less hours they are opting to get out all together) the department would like to hire 4 classes out of the batch of prospective employees that they currently have. When my dad told me this I said that can?t be possible because the current list that they have of people that are available for hire only lasts for a year. Well apparently the Lt told him that they can request another year extension for that list for the Civil Service Board to approve. Like I said I don?t know how true this actually is, but if it?s true that would be awesome.

Comment

• AllAmerican92. Thanks for this bit of information you received. I will continue to stay focused as we all should. Hopefully I will meet some of you in the next class if we are selected.

Comment

• Has anyone applied to Columbus FD? I believe it's open to apply through January.
                    I was reading their "Background Removal Standards" on the Columbus website. Does anyone know if Cincinnati has any kind of document like this?

Comment

• Does anybody know anything about this?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90