Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Milwaukee 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the first group is taken will there be a way to know what number they have left off at? Or will there be an updated list? Or a hard list to see?

Comment

• Prolly be on the Fire and Police agendas just have to keep up on it that way or call the F and P ask them.

Comment

• I heard today some people were getting conditional offers. Anyone on here get one?

Comment

• I got my conditional offer emailed to me today as well as an appointment date/time for the first half of the psych eval.

Also my references let me know that they were contacted early this week by the background investigator(someone from MFD contacted them, not MPD, so I am assuming MPD only does a criminal check).

edit: I'm sure some of you may be wondering, the email did not stipulate a start date for the academy. Only listed the upcoming items the offer was dependent on(passing CPAT, psych, medical, and background).

It just said they would let us know of the academy start date at a later time.
          Last edited by PC416; 05-16-2018, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• I got one as well

Comment

• Just curious, if you don't mind sharing, approximately what rank did you achieve? Wondering how quickly they're going through the list as someone in the 240s

Comment

• I got ranked 4

Comment

• Wow nice job

Comment

• Thanks, I prepared for the process.

Comment

• Originally posted by PC416 View Post
                      I got my conditional offer emailed to me today as well as an appointment date/time for the first half of the psych eval.

Also my references let me know that they were contacted early this week by the background investigator(someone from MFD contacted them, not MPD, so I am assuming MPD only does a criminal check).

edit: I'm sure some of you may be wondering, the email did not stipulate a start date for the academy. Only listed the upcoming items the offer was dependent on(passing CPAT, psych, medical, and background).

It just said they would let us know of the academy start date at a later time.
                      I got one as well. PC416 if you don?t mind me asking what was your rank? I ask bc I am ranked #26 and I don?t think any of my references were contacted. I heard they were only taking top 20 so I assume that?s why.

Comment

• Mateo, what was your way of preparing?

Comment

• First thing I did was order the study guide from the company that made the test which was exactly the same just reworded in which I aced I believe, second I read and watched the common council meetings, watched the fire and police meetings to gauge what kind of applicant they were looking for and what kind of verbiage they were looking for ie, diversity in the city, examples of it, experience that I had in diversity. I used that in every answer in some form. I also went to a study interview group put on by retired firefighter and captain in which I believe pushed me over the top by gaining his past experiences he had in graded past interviews and the type of quality answers that pushed applicants over the top.

Then I understood that the people that were grading us are from Milwaukee and most likely will not be the same race or sex as me so instead of looking that as a negative I turned it in to a positive, I tried to relate to them and connect with them in some why so they opened up to me and looked at me as somebody from there community, so basically trying to charm by using things or places as my examples in the interview that they could relate by growing up in that area. I believe it worked as both woman interviewers smiled a lot and we engaged when I was answering and plus the lady who walked me in said she was impressed in the way I went about answering the questions.

But in all reality I think having 8 points is what really pushed me over or helped a lot.

Comment

• [QUOTE=sds0616;n2090821]Mateo, what was your way of preparing? [/QU

Sorry I didn't answer with tagging you.

Comment

• Originally posted by mateo0625 View Post
                              First thing I did was order the study guide from the company that made the test which was exactly the same just reworded in which I aced I believe, second I read and watched the common council meetings, watched the fire and police meetings to gauge what kind of applicant they were looking for and what kind of verbiage they were looking for ie, diversity in the city, examples of it, experience that I had in diversity. I used that in every answer in some form. I also went to a study interview group put on by retired firefighter and captain in which I believe pushed me over the top by gaining his past experiences he had in graded past interviews and the type of quality answers that pushed applicants over the top.

Then I understood that the people that were grading us are from Milwaukee and most likely will not be the same race or sex as me so instead of looking that as a negative I turned it in to a positive, I tried to relate to them and connect with them in some why so they opened up to me and looked at me as somebody from there community, so basically trying to charm by using things or places as my examples in the interview that they could relate by growing up in that area. I believe it worked as both woman interviewers smiled a lot and we engaged when I was answering and plus the lady who walked me in said she was impressed in the way I went about answering the questions.

But in all reality I think having 8 points is what really pushed me over or helped a lot.
                              Well said couldn?t agree more even though I didn?t place as high as you. Thought it was awesome that they used people from the community to conduct the interviews, shows that they really wanna provide good service to the city. I thought the interview itself was pretty laid back and it was easy for me to engage with the panel. Really friendly people who obviously care about their community. Compared to other interviews I?ve done this was one of the easiest for me to do

Comment

• This was my first firefighter interview.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X