Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Milwaukee 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm now further down the list. Not exactly what to do, think, say, etc. But to be moved that much is crazy.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe they initially gave you points that they did by accident and then removed them when they recently just amended the list. I really am sorry.

Comment

You have nothing to be sorry for. Congrats and good luck to everyone else.

Comment

In the 800s, I have a better chance winning the lotto then getting hired off this list. Goodluck to everyone who has a chance.

Comment

My buddy was 750 on last list and got hired it took a couple of years but got in.

Comment

Yea, guys on here should keep in mind that the previous list they ran all the way through to the end of the list, exhausting the list, basically everyones number came up

Comment

Good point, I don?t see why they wouldn?t keep this list, the common council is happy with the diversity of the list 1537 applicants 44% black, 39% white, 11% Hispanic, and 3 percent Asian and with 20% of the list being woman they will exhaust this list also.

Comment

Don?t forget the 6 firehouses they closed down this year. That hurts this list which makes me think if you have a number above 500-600 you may never get hired. Also smaller academy classes, not like Chicago where you have 100-150 in a class. You?re talking 50 at the most.

Comment

However keep in mind those station closures don't effect the number of people being hired for the next 20 years. Think about it the next 10 years they are replacing retires that were hired in 1988-1998. That's when the department was a strength of 1150. Meaning the class sizes will be what they always were for many years to come. The station closures have no effect for many years.

Comment

• 6% attrition rate will be 70 people every year for a long time to come

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefighter695 View Post
                        6% attrition rate will be 70 people every year for a long time to come
                        Why such a high rate?? All of the guys I?ve talked to that work there say they love it. Lots of retirements or something? Just curious

Comment

• 6% attrition is just normal anywhere. Wasn't specific to MFD. That's just a typical retirement attrition of fire service. Everyone on here has a chance, just a matter of time! Good luck

Comment

• At the joint and fianc? committee last week they stated there will be 26 cadets and 20 people off the list for the next class.

Comment

• Thank you Matt. I watched after you messaged me too and they confirmed 1 class this year. Maybe there will be another in spring you think? Or will they only do another next summer with cadets we could assume?

Comment

• Yea I think you are right they will wait for the cadets but hopefully not.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X