Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Lafd 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 - beginning of last month, unfortunately I couldn’t schedule my appointment till the beginning of this month due to being out of town

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaysam24 View Post
      2020 - beginning of last month, unfortunately I couldn’t schedule my appointment till the beginning of this month due to being out of town
      Thx Jaysam.. Does the letter specifically say it's not a cjo? My understanding was the LAFD won't spend the $ on med/psych for a candidate unless they have been selected for a cjo.. Some say a med/psych appointment letter IS a cjo.. What do you know? Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Comment

• 2020 I’ve heard that the letter/email is “considered” a cjo as well but mine only says “congratulations you’ve been selected to move on to the next step in the testing process” and nothing about a cjo. However when I did call a few weeks ago to schedule I was told the CJOs come from the fire side and that I should have one by the end of the week... that was 3 weeks ago and never received anything, I would imagine the holiday has slowed things down a bit. Just looking forward to get through the medical and physc at this point. It’s been a long process! And I know a lot of people say it, but take it from me, until you get that non select letter your still in the fight. Just stay positive and keep bettering your self along the way

Comment

2020 I’ve heard that the letter/email is “considered” a cjo as well but mine only says “congratulations you’ve been selected to move on to the next step in the testing process” and nothing about a cjo. However when I did call a few weeks ago to schedule I was told the CJOs come from the fire side and that I should have one by the end of the week... that was 3 weeks ago and never received anything, I would imagine the holiday has slowed things down a bit. Just looking forward to get through the medical and physc at this point. It’s been a long process! And I know a lot of people say it, but take it from me, until you get that non select letter your still in the fight. Just stay positive and keep bettering your self along the way
          Thx very much Jaysam. That clears it up for me and makes total sense now. Good luck to you!

Comment

• Originally posted by 2020LAFD? View Post

After backgrounds the next next step is to get 'panel reviewed'. If the panel approves you to move forward, then you will receive a cjo and get med/psych appointments. The real question is -when will you get panel reviewed?. If anyone out there knows how often the panel reviews candidate files, please chime in here. It seems like panel reviews are only done about 3-4 months before each scheduled tower, so twice per year. I don't know if this is correct, but it seems like the pattern. Anyone else know?.
            gotcha, and this is where I stopped last time in the process. i wonder what things they are looking for in a candidate to move onto medical.

Comment

it took about 4 months after clearing backrounds for me to get the MED/PHYSC email, i honestly thought that I just wasn’t selected, mainly because at that point my interview was past that year mark by about a month, then to my suprise I randomly got the email for the med/physc, still no conditional offer just scheduled for the med physc next week and hoping an offer comes soon.
              Dude thats the same thing that happened to me except i didnt get selected. I will hit the year mark since my interview in Feb 2020. will it still affect my packet since im in the panel review portion? its not like its my fault it took them a year to get to my packet

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X