Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Lafd 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by migo173 View Post
    Hi all, I just joined the forum to get some insight as well. I just finished backgrounds and received an email to submit a second fitness assessment as truckman81 was asking
    Hey, any info on how the backround portion goes?? I?m currently waiting to be assigned an investigator. How long should I anticipate the wait if my Piq was feb 6. Also, how long was the backrounds process?

Comment

• Originally posted by matto5626 View Post

Hey, any info on how the backround portion goes?? I?m currently waiting to be assigned an investigator. How long should I anticipate the wait if my Piq was feb 6. Also, how long was the backrounds process?
      It was about 2 months from my PIQ to when I got a call from an investigator. And from what I?ve heard, everyone?s background process was a little different, but mine took about 2 weeks-3 weeks.

Comment

• My piq was in November still haven?t heard back

Comment

• Anyone know what the time limit is for the interview? Also do your times from the CAP Fitness Assessment factor into your ranking or is it just pass/fail?

Comment

• Originally posted by truckman81 View Post
            My buddy said he got a baseline physical assessment email, did anyone else get one too?
            Hey truckman81 , did your buddy that got the baseline assessment email hear anything yet about med/psych? I'm in the same boat and the unknown is killing me!

Comment

• Just checked the mail this morning and I got a non select letter from lafd sent to me on April 1st.....I got 100 on the interview and did better then the minimums during the physical. Good luck to u guys. Guess I gotta try again !!

Comment

• Originally posted by FFsavage57 View Post
                Just checked the mail this morning and I got a non select letter from lafd sent to me on April 1st.....I got 100 on the interview and did better then the minimums during the physical. Good luck to u guys. Guess I gotta try again !!
                Dang that?s sucks bro, do you have anything on your background that would have disqualified you?

Comment

• That?s the thing that?s got me bummed....During the last process I was called and assigned a background investigator but I wasn?t able to renew my cpat in time due to a family situation which my investigator told me I needed to have done by the time she completed my background check. It was also heavily scheduled and the only available day was the one day I was out of town. This process everything as far as my background and work is the same but this time I?m suddenly not selected. There is no rhyme or reason that I can see. I don?t have any extenuating circumstances or any red flags on my background.

Comment

• FFsavage57, sorry bro.That’s a bummer! I wonder why they gave you a non-select letter. I feel like they should give someone a reason as to why they’re not selected.

Did you do the Interview prep’s, CAPS and visit a couple of stations? Man. Now I’m sweating because pull ups are my only issue and if you are over here hitting all the requirements and still not getting selected that’s dangerous for me.

Comment

• For those who passed the interview, how long did it take for them to call you back for the physical and PIQ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry33FF View Post
                        For those who passed the interview, how long did it take for them to call you back for the physical and PIQ?
                        My good friend interviewed last week and got an email within 24 hours for an early May CAP fitness and PIQ/PIB

Comment

• 2020LAFD, That?s quick! Haha. But the backgrounds take like two - three months don?t they?

Comment

• No I didn?t do any of the preps except for the station visit but like I said I had 100 on the interview. I?m not saying this to scare anyone I?m just saying it to tell you guys what?s up. I sincerely hope the best for all you guys. Kick *** in the physical. I got the cap invite exactly 1 day after the interview also....even before I got my interview score so I think that?s the normal timeline for that.

Comment

• Savage, were you close to a year from your interview? I have heard people getting disqualified only because they were past the year from their interview date. I don't know if that is still a rule in personnel. When I went thru a few years back, they had to send you a CJO and you had to be assigned to a tower within a year or you were expired. Keep it up and keep trying!

Comment

• Originally posted by Henry33FF View Post
                                2020LAFD, That?s quick! Haha. But the backgrounds take like two - three months don?t they?
                                I hear and read SO many different timelines for backgrounds. My sense is, that the cleaner your background is, and how quickly the BI's get responses back from our friends, family and employers determines how fast or slow that process is.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X