Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Tech Courses & Foreign Workers

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and had 2 questions I'm hoping someone may be able to help me with.

I'm currently planning on studying an Associate Degree in Fire Technology at Community College in the greater L.A area and I was wondering if anyone on here would be able to suggest to me a reputable College to study at in the hope of ultimately gaining a job somewhere in California as a Firefighter/EMT. I'm drawn to El Camino College in Torrance and have also been in contact with ELAC but am unsure where I'll be getting the best education. On my last trip to the U.S I spoke to some Firefighters in San Diego and heard Miramar was a great school but unfortunately they don't take international students for their Fire Technology course which brings me to my second question, I'm actually based in Australia and will be studying on an international student visa, would anyone happen to know of any Fire Departments or alternatively private Ambulance companies in California or any other states that in the past have sponsored foreign workers? I understand that just like in Australia I'm competing for a job that everyone wants and that my odds are somewhat stacked against me but if anyone could offer any help, information or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dan
    Last edited by daniel.bruce; 01-17-2017, 02:24 AM.

I'm interested in a paid position and or sponsorship. With my visa I'd be entitled to working for a full year post study full time which is a start but I'd ultimately need to be sponsored to stay and work any longer.

Miramar when I contacted them instructed me that only certain courses are offered to international students and unfortunately Fire Tech wasn't one of them.

As for California it was my first preference but I'd be open to studying/working elsewhere. I was also considering Nevada, the Rockies (Montana in particular) and Texas but I made the assumption there'd be more opportunities to find work in California plus in my research to date I found more schools in CA that were open to taking international students.

Comment

I know it's not a pre requisite but I feel especially in my case (due to the visa situation) having an Associate Degree will benefit me greatly. As for continuing study post community college it's not really an option for me financially.

I'll definitely do some research and start making contact with some schools in Texas (if there's any you'd recommend in particular?) also don't suppose yourself or someone else on the forum would have experience with similar in MT, CO, WY, AZ and or NV?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

To do writing is very tough and it is not a joke-writing even a good paragraph also, therefore, I took an external writing service to help to write my college assignment. I use edubirdie.com for writing a good write up. Now I become a fan of this website which this site doesn’t give any hurdle and very easy to use.

Comment

Currently in week 9 of 16 of El Camino's FF1 academy, and have completed 4 of their FTEC classes. Aside from academy, pretty much everything is online right now, so be mindful of that in your research. With online classes, the education is what you make of it, but generally speaking, my time at El Camino has been positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Mance1956 View Post
            To do writing is very tough and it is not a joke-writing even a good paragraph also, therefore, I took an external writing service to help to write my college assignment. I use edubirdie.com for writing a good write up. Now I become a fan of this website which this site doesn’t give any hurdle and very easy to use.

Yep some people plagiarize there way thru life.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X