Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

City of Philadelphia Fire

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by NortheastPhilly View Post
    What is the physical test like? Bench press? Pushups?
    it’s a 1.5 mile run, push-ups, sit-ups and apparently pull-ups but I can’t remember if my class did the pull-ups

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Nickjoseph View Post

      Well I just got the same answer from HR, so I guess we just waited 2 years to get screwed
      So what would happen if you moved to Philly say tomorrow would you be allowed to take the test and continue

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ragin1794 View Post

        So what would happen if you moved to Philly say tomorrow would you be allowed to take the test and continue
        If you're not a resident of philly for one year prior to your appointment you aren't eligible.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Nickjoseph View Post

          If you're not a resident of philly for one year prior to your appointment you aren't eligible.
          And how do they check that ?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ragin1794 View Post

            And how do they check that ?
            Good question, Im sure they will ask for proof of residency and see our addresses at the time of application as well. But this isn’t part of their normal hiring process, so who knows.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Nickjoseph View Post

              Well I just got the same answer from HR, so I guess we just waited 2 years to get screwed
              So how many people got told they don’t qualify

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Joe88A View Post

                So how many people got told they don’t qualify
                As far as I know just two people on here, but because we reached out and asked HR.

                Comment


                • Well, until I get an official notice I‘ll keep training.

                  Comment


                  • When I log into the city site, it now says “In hiring process” under applications.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Firebro1835 View Post
                      When I log into the city site, it now says “In hiring process” under applications.
                      What rank are you close to?

                      Comment


                      • I’m in the 120s

                        Comment


                        • My status also now reads “In hiring process”. Used to read “Eligible for hire”. I am also not a city resident. Hopefully Orientation letters will be coming out soon.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JPT View Post
                            My status also now reads “In hiring process”. Used to read “Eligible for hire”. I am also not a city resident. Hopefully Orientation letters will be coming out soon.
                            What’s your rank number around?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Nickjoseph View Post

                              What’s your rank number around?
                              I’m in the 140’s

                              Comment


                              • Happy for all of you, we waited 2 years for this! I'm sitting at 173, god willing they will squeeze one more class out of this list.

                                Comment

                                300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                                Collapse

                                Upper 300x250

                                Collapse

                                Taboola

                                Collapse

                                Leader

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X