Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

City of Philadelphia Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sd1223 View Post
    Hey what’s up guys? New to
    this forum but have been following, have to say got some good information here. I will be starting academy on Monday with those who got the first academy. Definitely nervous, but looking forward to it.
    Good luck man, you got this!

Comment

• Originally posted by JJR83 View Post
      The active eligible list is posted again, Did anyone else get bumped down again?
      Yeah man 3 spots

Comment

• Anyone know if they will run classes simultaneously or do they wait for the first class to be done to start another?

Comment

• Originally posted by R3Chris View Post
          Anyone know if they will run classes simultaneously or do they wait for the first class to be done to start another?
          I know their is currently a class in now. So this class starting Monday will be in the academy the same time as the other. I believe the other class is scheduled to be done around July/August because they started in September.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickjoseph View Post

I know their is currently a class in now. So this class starting Monday will be in the academy the same time as the other. I believe the other class is scheduled to be done around July/August because they started in September.
            Thanks, I didn’t know that there was a class already half way through. Just trying to get an idea of when the next class (not the one Monday) might start
            Last edited by R3Chris; 03-11-2020, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I didn’t know that there was a class already half way through
              Sure thing man. Hopefully there's another class to replace them when they graduate

Comment

Thanks, I didn’t know that there was a class already half way through. Just trying to get an idea of when the next class (not the one Monday) might start
                Hey man im in this class starting Monday. A dude i know wasnt going to make weight and deferred. He was told August would more than likely be next class. Looks like they want to have classes going in ome after the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by duncan123 View Post

Hey man im in this class starting Monday. A dude i know wasnt going to make weight and deferred. He was told August would more than likely be next class. Looks like they want to have classes going in ome after the other.
                  Didn’t make weight? Is there a height to weight requirement that candidates need to meet. If so, does anyone have the requirements on hand?

Comment

• I also dropped 3 spots. I think it’s from people deferring to the next class since all points have been added.
                    Does anyone have a rough estimate on what number they got up to? Im sitting pretty good at 2xx and was trying to prepare for a possible 2nd class.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPT View Post
                      I also dropped 3 spots. I think it’s from people deferring to the next class since all points have been added.
                      Does anyone have a rough estimate on what number they got up to? Im sitting pretty good at 2xx and was trying to prepare for a possible 2nd class.
                      I was emailing hr the other day and they said they got to 174

Comment

• Anyone know if the class actually started today or is it postponed for now?

Comment

• I know this forum is geared more towards fire fighter info, but if anyone knows what the testing is like for fire service emt it would be a huge help! I’ll hear on the 23rd when the testing day will be. Just want to be prepared as much as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by duncan123 View Post

Any info on how high they got in rank for the first class?

Comment

• Originally posted by PhilaFF10 View Post

Any info on how high they got in rank for the first class?
                              Someone said they reached 174 in an earlier post. I was told that the first class from our list thats currently in the academy is 100 cadets. So basically they went through 174 to find 100 cadets. I was told historically the further down the list they go, the more people they have to go through to fill a class with ideal candidates. Also they plan on another class in August/September 2020 and another in February 2021. My interpretation of that is at minimum the top 400 will get a shot. Thats just my math for whatever thats worth.

FYI. The Coronavirus pandemic has not halted the academy as of now. They are business as usual.

Thats all the info I have. If someone has more info your input is more than welcome.

Looks like for now we just have to be patient, stay in the gym, on the track and out of trouble.

Comment

• currently 110 cadets in the academy 100 for PFD 10 of the cadets for surrounding departments in the county off this current list

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X