Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

City of Philadelphia Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quesiton for those who will be in this class..How long did it take for your PA Child Abuse Clearance forms to come back?? The packet says these are due first day of academy.

Thanks!

Comment

• Does anyone know if there are any specific requirements for what kind of workout gear we bring day one?

Comment

• Originally posted by PFD1668 View Post
        Does anyone know if there are any specific requirements for what kind of workout gear we bring day one?
        best bet would be dark blue tshirt and shorts. you'll probably get academy issued PT gear the first day so don't go crazy with buying multiple sets on your own. I would say two sets of shirt and shorts is enough to play it safe without overspending. I wouldn't recommend wearing a shirt with any writing on it that would single you out. You could bring sweatpants and a sweatshirt too just to be prepared but I highly doubt they'll let you run around in that. Keep in mind you may not get a locker or anything the first day so you'll be carrying all of your crap with you.

Comment

• Philly Academy a week away, I have an apartment in philly and need 1 more roommate. Message for details

Comment

• Did anyone else rank disappear from the job ranking tab on the city’s website? Just yesterday it was there and now it says I’m not on any active list.

Comment

• Originally posted by R3Chris View Post
              Did anyone else rank disappear from the job ranking tab on the city’s website? Just yesterday it was there and now it says I’m not on any active list.
              Yeah mine did also. I emailed hr a few days ago and I was still on the list, I'm guessing it's just a system error

Comment

• Looking forward to next week. Anyone else nervous!?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickjoseph View Post

Yeah mine did also. I emailed hr a few days ago and I was still on the list, I'm guessing it's just a system error
                  What email address do you use to contact hr?

Comment

• Originally posted by JJR83 View Post

What email address do you use to contact hr?
                    [email protected]

Comment

• HR said that they didn't know why our rank was coming up as not on any active list, they said my rank is still the same in their system. Just for everyone's piece of mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickjoseph View Post
                        HR said that they didn't know why our rank was coming up as not on any active list, they said my rank is still the same in their system. Just for everyone's piece of mind.
                        Good news, thank you for the info bro

Comment

• I heard the academy is longer now, 9 months. Any truth to that?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheJawn View Post
                            I heard the academy is longer now, 9 months. Any truth to that?
                            Yea I’m pretty sure it is. 5 months emt class. 4 months fire side

Comment

• Hey what’s up guys? New to
                              this forum but have been following, have to say got some good information here. I will be starting academy on Monday with those who got the first academy. Definitely nervous, but looking forward to it.

Comment

• The active eligible list is posted again, Did anyone else get bumped down again?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X