Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

City of Philadelphia Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck to everyone
    Last edited by Blue357; 11-11-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

• Ok so over the last 6 years I've taken the fire test 3 times. I usually say I'm not a good test taker but this test was not hard. 3 tests ago I got 5 extra points and scored 105 with points included and was ranked 83rd, 2 tests ago I scored 100 with no extra points bc they didnt take ff1 or emt and was 477 on that list, this test I scored a 72...A 72! AND MY RANK IS 3881. Listen, something isnt right here..I know I did well and I'm right on board with looking into reviewing. Please let me know if you happen to reach the right person. Good luck to all who keep chasing their dreams

Comment

• On the city website it states that they are doing a platoon style recruit schedule. 4 days on with 4 days off. Does anyone know if during the 4 days off another recruit class will be going on?Essentially making it 2 recruit classes during the 9 months?
        So that would make 4 classes for the entire life of the list (2 years).
        Anyone with knowledge of this please chime in. Im trying to figure out when/if my ranked number gets called where I would fall in. Also, does any one know roughly how many total candidates graduated off the last list?

Comment

• Ah0524 I'm hearing both sides I've heard it will be normal hiring like 200 a year, I've also heard from multiple people may I add their taking 1000 off the bat in the Hope's most fail in other words small list small hire, big list big hires. Almost as if their anticipating going thru a lot of people however to me it doesnt make sense. I believe going forward its 75 per class now with Feb and october to be the next classes.

Comment

• Anyone have any insight on how selections are made during the interview process? Is it a panel interview or just a general evaluation?

Comment

• I also got a 72 and rank was 34xx. I've taken plenty of civil service tests and scored way higher on seemingly more difficult ones than this. Very confused on how awful I did. It seemed like a walk in the park!!
              Last edited by TiredEMT; 11-11-2019, 09:47 PM.

Comment

• Anyone receive points for an associates degree? I submitted documents for the points but didn’t receive any.

Comment

• The test is based around the job more than you think, people also wonder why you write the time on the back, you have to answer questions as quickly and correctly as possible. Reason being you don’t have time to sit there and think what to do when someone’s coding or you pull up to a job with people at the windows and you freeze up. City also doesn’t want to waste money on possible cadets to fail emt national registry, which if anyone here has taken (all 4 multiple choice questions are right you have to pick the best one, and majority of people who use the full 2 hours fail because you don’t seem competent to standards). Because once you fail that twice your terminated on the spot. As for the personality part they want to see you’re a person with integrity, a people person so on and so forth. It is what it is. As for the people who been skipped in the past, the city is a ****show and always makes mistakes. I called once a month for 2 years to check where I was on the list and to see how many people they were gonna be calling for the next orientation. That’s the key to not getting skipped and how I made it on with a rank in the 300s 3 classes in. People take other jobs, fail the city physical, use 16 different emails and don’t respond, hence why 197 couldn’t fill all the spots they wanted to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Firefit117 View Post
                    Anyone receive points for an associates degree? I submitted documents for the points but didn’t receive any.
                    I submitted my documentation also and did not receive points. Did you email them and let them know?

Comment

• To review your test you can call and leave your information 215-686-0880, set up a date on Tues, weds, or Thursday. You'll have to show up at 12 noon at 1401 JFK blvd 16th floor. I'm curious to see what was screwed up

Comment

• Does anyone know if calls/emails have been sent out to RJ e first batch of candidates? Or you think they are waiting until all test inquiries are finalized (i believe you have 30 days) and then start contacting candidates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straka31 View Post
                          To review your test you can call and leave your information 215-686-0880, set up a date on Tues, weds, or Thursday. You'll have to show up at 12 noon at 1401 JFK blvd 16th floor. I'm curious to see what was screwed up
                          I think it's the 15th floor. 15th floor is listed in the results email and they said 15th floor on the voicemail recording.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPT View Post
                            Does anyone know if calls/emails have been sent out to RJ e first batch of candidates? Or you think they are waiting until all test inquiries are finalized (i believe you have 30 days) and then start contacting candidates.
                            I was ranked 1x on the list, I did not get any email or info sent as of today. I spoke with HR and they said that they are trying to get an academy class going in March and will be contacting candidates in the near future. She also stated that nothing is set in stone yet, and I believe her name was Danielle Sullivan. I also filled out an unavailability forum and she gave me info on that. So from here on out until I reinstate my availability I will not be contacted. If anyone has questions about that form I can help you out. Good luck brothers and sisters.

Comment

• Got the skinny. First, I wasn’t trying to **** on anybody’s parade. Just was baffled about the results. So here’s the deal.
                              If you passed the reading comprehension part, that’s that. That part of the exam has no bearing on your ranking/score.
                              The ranking/score is based 100% off the personality section and they give point values to blocks of correct answers and it broke down like this:
                              34 or less = Fail
                              35-39 correct answers = score of 70
                              40-44 = 71
                              45-49 = 72
                              50-54 = 86
                              55-60 = 100

I’m guessing based on a distribution (normal or otherwise). And in my case I got 49 friggin questions right. So 1 more question correct my score jumps 14 points. But that’s the deal. My answers were correct. Is what it is, I’m not upset and am really happy for those who crushed it. Do good things!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gimmefiction View Post
                                Got the skinny. First, I wasn’t trying to **** on anybody’s parade. Just was baffled about the results. So here’s the deal.
                                If you passed the reading comprehension part, that’s that. That part of the exam has no bearing on your ranking/score.
                                The ranking/score is based 100% off the personality section and they give point values to blocks of correct answers and it broke down like this:
                                34 or less = Fail
                                35-39 correct answers = score of 70
                                40-44 = 71
                                45-49 = 72
                                50-54 = 86
                                55-60 = 100

I’m guessing based on a distribution (normal or otherwise). And in my case I got 49 friggin questions right. So 1 more question correct my score jumps 14 points. But that’s the deal. My answers were correct. Is what it is, I’m not upset and am really happy for those who crushed it. Do good things!
                                Thank you for the info. Happy to get some clarity on the scoring. That really sucks you missed that jump by one questions.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X