Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

City of Philadelphia Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gimmefiction we have a lot in common. No hit against any non Vets at all everyone walks the road they walk in life and thinking of FF’ing is a whole other level of character to me in anyone! I just really feel like it’s a huge loss to a tough city when you have lifetime residents who have served their country at a federal level come back and want to continue a life of service fighting fires to get curbed to the side by a weird test. I am in agreement trust me if I don’t make the grade all is fair and it is what it is!! Not to be arrogant but not doing well on standard tests has never been me. For those like us that smell a turd I say be cool and see how it plays out. I truly foresee issues arising from this. Anyone have a solid idea of how many people actually took the test besides the standard everyone says 10000 people?

Comment

• WrestlingMMA1 I truly feel your pain Brother! Read your last post and again has me like WTF! But pause let’s see what the powers that be have to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by RETIREMIL2020 View Post
        Jon Rhinesmith would you mind sharing what you did to prepare for this exam seeing as you got a perfect score? Thank u in advance.
        Hope i did this right, and in all honesty I must have over studied last exam and recieved a score of 73 and with 10 points got an 83. With this test I tried taking a different approach, I just went in confident, kept stress down to a minimum, made sure I read each question, then the whole passage and underlined key points. The personal questions was just a process of elimination. When i first got the email I thought it was a prank email because I wasnt expecting that.
        Im not afraid to post because life is life and what is meant to happen will happen, but with the score of 110 I placed 12.
        Another huge factor was that I prayed.
        Something numerous members from my original dream Dept of the FDNY told me was just dont put all your eggs in one basket. Test for all you can, if you dont make this one there will be another and there is no age cap.

Comment

• I don’t want this to come off the wrong way, but trying to invalidate this test based on your “academic credentials” (let’s be real, most of us standing in that line probably have degrees) or the fact you did well on previous tests is trolling people who did do well. If my situation was different maybe I’d be airing my grievances. But I am a lifelong city resident, veteran, and I deserve my shot too.

Comment

• Originally posted by mountaineer86 View Post
            I don’t want this to come off the wrong way, but trying to invalidate this test based on your “academic credentials” (let’s be real, most of us standing in that line probably have degrees) or the fact you did well on previous tests is trolling people who did do well. If my situation was different maybe I’d be airing my grievances. But I am a lifelong city resident, veteran, and I deserve my shot too.
            It is kind of crappy when I look back on all the posts and people are complaining, things happen for a reason. If enough people complain and it gets thrown out so be it, but take some time to step back and reevaluate yourselves, make your self better and push on. Look at all the greats who have failed and instead of complained, turned the other cheek and pushed on.

Comment

• The city won’t throw this out because people are complaining, that just isn’t a thing. Be proud of yourself Rhinesmith. And like I was trying to say in my first post, i think it’s less productive trying to find an error on your test rather than looking for ways to increase your points on the next exam or the next department.

Comment

I don’t want this to come off the wrong way, but trying to invalidate this test based on your “academic credentials” (let’s be real, most of us standing in that line probably have degrees) or the fact you did well on previous tests is trolling people who did do well. If my situation was different maybe I’d be airing my grievances. But I am a lifelong city resident, veteran, and I deserve my shot too.
                As one of those embittered posters, you're completely right. It's just the bitter feeling and previous record that drives the "...I deserve my shot" too feeling. I made sure to say congrats to all those who scored well on the exam within my first post. There's nothing to take away from your efforts, but a grievance is a grievance nonetheless.

Comment

The city won’t throw this out because people are complaining, that just isn’t a thing. Be proud of yourself Rhinesmith. And like I was trying to say in my first post, i think it’s less productive trying to find an error on your test rather than looking for ways to increase your points on the next exam or the next department.
                  I am, and proud of everyone else for atleast taking the exam,and I know they wont, but its weird to me how so many people are ****ed and frustrated with their results and I cant recall if it was on this forum or another but people were talking about lawsuits. The fire service doesnt need those types of individuals. It needs team players who believe in the brotherhood/sisterhood.
                  If any of us are fortunate enough to get the best job on earth, they need to realize that its not an easy job and we wont always get our way or what we believe we deserve.
                  This job will humble the most proud of individuals when we least expect it. But thats the job.
                  Last edited by Jon_rhinesmith; 11-10-2019, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Jon Rhinesmith appreciate your response solid plan and it worked for you! That puts u in the first class without any doubt I am happy for u and the fact u put your mind to it and done what u needed to do to get it. Don’t particularly agree with the piece about folks who speak up on a perceived issue. At the end of the day if something is wrong or appears to be wrong there is nothing wrong with asking questions. U don’t just have to go with it if u truly think there is a problem. That is a old way of thinking and trust me I am not a millennial far from it. I agree the FD is a dream job and the camaraderie can’t be beat however we must still realize that there are folks out there that don’t think in a modern sense....It’s all good appreciate the forum and being able to voice opposing views regardless to disagreements not taking anything personal no one should. Go forth and do great things u have respectfully earned that!!

Comment

• WrestlingMMA1 I hit u back on messages.

Comment

• Hi I’m really I concern about the rank and the score Can some one explain to me if an 86 is worst than a 71 score?
                        and the ranking what is about?

i see people here that didn’t pass with a 86 how come?

Comment

• Originally posted by RETIREMIL2020 View Post
                          Jon Rhinesmith appreciate your response solid plan and it worked for you! That puts u in the first class without any doubt I am happy for u and the fact u put your mind to it and done what u needed to do to get it. Don’t particularly agree with the piece about folks who speak up on a perceived issue. At the end of the day if something is wrong or appears to be wrong there is nothing wrong with asking questions. U don’t just have to go with it if u truly think there is a problem. That is a old way of thinking and trust me I am not a millennial far from it. I agree the FD is a dream job and the camaraderie can’t be beat however we must still realize that there are folks out there that don’t think in a modern sense....It’s all good appreciate the forum and being able to voice opposing views regardless to disagreements not taking anything personal no one should. Go forth and do great things u have respectfully earned that!!
                          I apologize, I didn't mean to direct it towards everyone or anyone specific. I am for getting the score revised if you feel something wasn't done right, that's why that is an option, because mistakes happen. I just get annoyed with this Generation z mentality of "if i complain enough maybe I will get my way".

Comment

• Does anyone know how long it takes to see updated ranks after all the revisions?

Comment

• No one is knocking people who did well. I agree academic successes don't outright qualify you for a position or a certain score. However, basing part of these scores off these "personality questions" becomes even more questionable when someone like myself was listed in the 530's from last test and then over 3000 this list. Are you telling me my personality has changed in 3 years? I am in no way considering any of that lawsuit nonsense but I do want to voice my opinion on the legitimacy of these types of tests.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scoob49 View Post
                                No one is knocking people who did well. I agree academic successes don't outright qualify you for a position or a certain score. However, basing part of these scores off these "personality questions" becomes even more questionable when someone like myself was listed in the 530's from last test and then over 3000 this list. Are you telling me my personality has changed in 3 years? I am in no way considering any of that lawsuit nonsense but I do want to voice my opinion on the legitimacy of these types of tests.
                                It looks like they are trying multiple types of tests. The 2016 was almost completely different from this one, and I know its not PFD, but DCFEMS was completely different from both of the last Philly exams. It looks like they are trying to find middle ground when it comes to the types of candidates they are taking on. I strongly believe the next exam wont be anything like this one.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X