Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

City of Philadelphia Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After reading a lot of responses, it looks like a huge majority scored around 86, might be do to the scenario questions they asked. Also the reason for the huge number gaps for people who scored 86 might be because of how many people took the exam. I just don't understand how they rank same score results. Last exam I scored 83 and was somewhere close to 650 on the list if I remember correctly.
    Last edited by Jon_rhinesmith; 11-09-2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• I too scored an 86... and I’m ranked around 1800 and change. Odd that everyone scored an 86... I’d be curious to know why.

Comment

• Does anyone with experience with the hiring process have a round-about idea of how deep they usually get into the list? 200's, 300's?

Comment

• Originally posted by JJR83 View Post
          Does anyone with experience with the hiring process have a round-about idea of how deep they usually get into the list? 200's, 300's?
          Last few times they have reached the 400s - 500s range. Someone on this thread commented that they reached 462 on the last list.

Comment

• How many people were on the last couple of posts? Does anyone know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kpw9393 View Post

86 and ranked 530s. Better rank than last time with a score of 100 initially. Bumped to 472 last time after the revision.
              Where do you see your number after it gets bumped?

Comment

• Got a 100 with no additional points to be added ranked in the 100's still, hopefully get a call!!

Good luck all

Comment

• I’m shocked by my result. I got an 82 (which is really a 72 plus the 10 veterans preference points) and am ranked 1850ish. This exam was not difficult at all. Its possible I absolutely bombed the personality portion but I know these types of tests from psych/philo classes and have always done great on them. I’m baffled. I will be calling to have a review just to be thorough. Question to those who have had a review of their scores in the past or any of those who know: What does the review consist of? Your answer sheet, your specific test booklet and an answer key?

Congrats to those who made it!
                  Last edited by Gimmefiction; 11-30-2019, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• I’m in the high 100s (vet and city res) and I’m not overly confident I’ll get a call in the near future. Don’t take the results personal, this wasn’t intelligence test (and don’t be impressed with yourself if you scored well).

If this is the career (and city) you want, make it happen. Join the military or get the fire science a.a. There are ways to get extra points and clearly we all got around the same amount of points. Take advantage of the points. Years ago I was the guy who was ****ed about vets getting 10 points, now I’m getting them.

Anyways, best of luck to all.

Comment

• I to am disappointed I got an 86 on the exam and I'm in just shy of 1530... not sure how scoring went with this but doesnt seem exactly right I may ask for a review. Worse case I'll keep taking spanish and go bi lingual next time also oddly enough I know someone who scored an 89 and is in the 1800s so I have a feeling this will be restored at some point.

Comment

• Yeah there are definitely issues with this exam. To go from a score of 100 on the prior test to a 72 on the most current test (rank 530's compared to +3000)... Is just unrealistic. Personality questions seem to be jaded and must have been scored completely different from the last set.

Comment

• I have been reading all the comments and am not surprised. There is a guy that had a academic scholarship to Drexel that got a 72! Scoob49 you are absolutely correct about the questions are unrealistically jaded. Someone also mentioned it wasn’t an intelligence test and it certainly wasn’t a FF knowledge test so truly what’s the point? The frustration is growing by many this is one of the craziest things I have ever seen!

Comment

• Jon Rhinesmith would you mind sharing what you did to prepare for this exam seeing as you got a perfect score? Thank u in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gimmefiction View Post
                              I’m shocked by my result. I’m a veteran and studied Philosophy at Drexel on an academic scholarship. I have taken many tests and I’m very honest about how well I do/think I’ve done. I got an 82 (which is really a 72 plus the 10 veterans preference points) and am ranked 1850. This was exam was not difficult at all. Its possible I absolutely bombed the personality portion but I know these types of tests from psych/philo classes and have always done great on them. I’m baffled. I will be calling to have a review just to be thorough. Question to those who have had a review of their scores in the past or any of those who know: What does the review consist of? Your answer sheet, your specific test booklet and an answer key?

Congrats to those who made it!
                              Again, this X2. I'm in my second year of law school and I'm a Veteran. I have above a 3.0 in law school at a top fifty law school. I'm still in the Military and I'm an officer there. I've taken many civil service tests; NYPD, NYC DOC, Long Beach Fire Department (NY), FDNY, Suffolk County Police, Suffolk County Sherrif, Nassau County Police, etc. I've never scored below an 88 without Veteran points added to my score. With Veteran points on this exam, I got an 82. All of a sudden, my capability is reduced to barely passing at a 72? I even used the meager study guide materials provided for this exam. There is something very wrong with this exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by wrestlingmma1 View Post

Again, this X2. I'm in my second year of law school and I'm a Veteran. I have above a 3.0 in law school at a top fifty law school. I'm still in the Military and I'm an officer there. I've taken many civil service tests; NYPD, NYC DOC, Long Beach Fire Department (NY), FDNY, Suffolk County Police, Suffolk County Sherrif, Nassau County Police, etc. I've never scored below an 88 without Veteran points added to my score. With Veteran points on this exam, I got an 82. All of a sudden, my capability is reduced to barely passing at a 72? I even used the meager study guide materials provided for this exam. There is something very wrong with this exam.
                                So we are almost in the exact same boat. How odd that we both scored an 72(82). I really want this job. I fought fires in military and I’m a native Philadelphian. (Live in the city so I have resident’s preference)

I felt like this would be a positive experience but given the small sample size of test takers that have posted, kind of puts a bad taste in my mouth. But I guess I’ll do the review and see if there was an error in the grading or something. If I didn’t meet the criteria legitimately, okay no biggie, but this just doesn’t feel right.

Also, I agree with the previous posts, ‘jaded’ is a perfect way to describe some of the questions on this exam. Perhaps that’s where my ranking/score took a dive but...
                                Last edited by Gimmefiction; 11-10-2019, 07:10 AM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X